RV Outlet-Danville, Va

Buckeye

We are planning on stopping at the RV Outlet in Va on our way down to Myrtle Beach next month to look at a new Heartland fifth wheel. Does anyone in this forum have experience dealing with this company ? Thanks

tcfake613

We bought our unit there (Bighorn 3685RL). Took delivery one year ago tomorrow. They were one of the best dealers we've ever worked with. Very accommodating and very honest. Bill Galyean took care of everything. Highly recommend them.

ksmith555

We bought our Cyclone there, no regrets...we live in MD so a 5 hour trip one way. We only had one minor issue with the trailer that my husband fixed on his own after they shipped us the part. We have also called down a couple times with questions for the service department and they get on the phone and walk us through the issue...we will make the trip to buy from them again.

beasleyrl

We bought our Cyclone there and would highly recommend them. Ask for Kenny. For us, it was about a 4 hour drive but well worth it. Even for routine maintenance, we have found them to be much better than the local dealer. We really like the fact that they are low (or no) pressure on the sales side and they stand behind what they sell. When we are ready for another, we will definitely go back. I can't say the same about the previous 2 dealers we've bought from.

BarneyFife

Another happy customer from RV Outlet. We drove up there three times before deciding what to get. Billy was very helpful and just answered our questions; not try to push us into a purchase. They're one of the biggest toy hauler dealers on the east coast. Between the Raptors, Fuzions, Cyclones, XLRs, Road Warriors, and Work & Plays, they'll probably have 30+ toy haulers to look at. For an east coast dealer, that's a lot.

BJ and their service department have become somewhat friends. With the laundry list of failures from our Cyclone, they've helped us stay "calm" and gone above and beyond for us; especially since we've had to drive up there so many times. I bought their extended warranty (Cornerstone) as well from them and between them and the warranty, that's been a plus. We've already saved well over a $1000 in repairs and they've taken care of everything regarding the warranty, repairs, etc. Its almost a 200 mile round trip but for us, its been worth it to stick with them.

I do wish they'd carry a couple more brands of toy haulers for our next purchase but their lot is so packed with campers, they'd need a bigger place to keep them. :)

vakthund

Bought our Cyclone there last May. We definitely recommend them. It is about a five hour drive for us but they beat the pants of other dealerships we talked to in both service and price. The owner, John Merricks, is very approachable and resolves any issues that you may have.

Buckeye

Thanks for all the replies. We have been looking to upgrade our Cougar to a Heartland and we are not having much luck here in the midwest. Hopefully we will have a good experience with Rv Outlet next month. We really like the Heartland RV.

BarneyFife

Not to shoot RV Outlet down. But what about Holmans? Whenever I see someone from the Ohio, I always think about Holmans. I'd consider them the "RV Outlet" of the midwest. I truly think you'll be pleased with RV Outlet but with our repeated trips back to the dealer for repairs, finding a good dealer as close as possible is huge in our decision.

Buckeye

What do you mean by repeated trips- is this something I should expect from the Hearland Product?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean by repeated trips- is this something I should expect from the Hearland Product?
I don't think you should expect this from a Heartland product, but realize that it can happen from any manufacturer of RV's.
Over 8.6 million households in the US owns an RV. There are bound to be some problems throughout the industry. Not just one manufacturer.
Heartland has great customer service.

Peace
Dave

ncrzrbk

We just bought our Sundance at the RV outlet. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

The products that Heartland produces are better than most out there.

The issue is that the quality in the industry as a whole doesn't always meet expectations of buyers. These recreational vehicles are not built to the standards of household construction, nor automobile manufacture, yet buyers try to compare them to those, and that's not realistic. ;) RVs are built by humans... an entire home, built on wheels, in a matter of days.

An RV is an ongoing "project". You will always have maintenance, you will always have wear and tear, you will always have things that jiggle loose or rub or shake or move...(It's a mobile earthquake, after all!), you will always have upgrades/improvements you want to do. If you are handy and enjoy projects, you will fit right in as an RV owner. If you expect perfection or expect it to last forever without doing a thing to it, you are bound to be disappointed.

I hope you decide to join the Heartland family! One of the biggest plusses is the network of folks here on the forum that genuinely care and help each other!!

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westwind

I second what Erica and Tony posted. If you expect to buy a RV and have "0" problems you need to rethink what your doing that's not realistic. You can buy three identical model FW/TT/Motorhomes over a one month period and they will probably have problems and none of the problems will be the same from one to another. Nature of the Beast.
It pays to be handy fix the small stuff and take the big back to the dealer. No RV is going to be trouble free. How the company stands behind the product is important.

Buckeye

Thanks again for all the replies. I have owned RVs for nearly twenty years so I know full well that you can have problems. My last name is Murphy and I wrote the "law". We plan to stop at the Rv Outlet next month and try to trade in our old Cougar fifth wheel on a Heartland. Take care .

porthole

Retired
Buckeye - what side of Ohio?
Great Lakes RV in Indiana is where we got our Cyclone from.
The overall buying process was excellent and we saved enough for me to come from Jersey to pick it up.

Wharton

You might want to stop at Chesapeake RV Solutions in Chesapeake, VA. He is a discounter and we boght from him. Extremely happy. Rig came in good shape, he does an excellent PDI, checks out the entire rig for leaks etc. He doesn't like you coming back with a lot of little things. next trailer we will be going back to him without hesitation.

Buckeye

Thanks again for all the replies. We live right in the center of Ohio-Columbus. We have been checking Great Lakes to see what they have and no luck as yet.

BarneyFife

I won't say you should expect something like this from a Heartland product. As with anything, you will find some here who have had great experiences and then you'll find a few like me. Our Heartland product has been one of those where I have vowed to never purchase another one from them again. If any camper could have been labeled a "lemon", I would think it could be our Cyclone. Then to make matters worse, we've had extremely poor service from Heartland. But I do think this has been one of those "perfect storms". I don't think its the norm but it has happened. Fortunately, RV Outlet has helped us quite a bit. We'll never buy another Heartland. We WILL buy from RV Outlet again.

By the way, love your signature. :)

kowAlski631

And then there are those of us who will buy Heartland products again & again due to the quality & to the support we receive from the factory & from our dealers. Just my opinion.