RVLock Special Extended through September 30, 2015 - discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Lil Guy'

Help me here. Is this thing electric? What is activating the lock? OK, I went back and went to the site and read the instructions. Batteries. I think the 'Lil Guy' need this. Yep, looks like a must have. Now to sell Debbie on it.

Bones

Help me here. Is this thing electric? What is activating the lock? OK, I went back and went to the site and read the instructions. Batteries. I think the 'Lil Guy' need this. Yep, looks like a must have. Now to sell Debbie on it.

Good luck selling it. I lost.

IronJ

I had the Bauer on my old trailer...they were touch activated and we HATED them. ..

I ordered these on wed and they will be here sat!..

I hate it when I walk out to the rig for something quick only to realize I left the keys on the counter or in the truck.

We installed e-locks on our sticks and bricks home (actually full automation) and after having that, we are totally spoiled...key?..what key...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I haven't carried trailer keys for 3 years and LOVE it. And with 3 of us coming and going, I don't need to worry about who has a key. I can call friends at the campground and have them check the dog, if we are going to be late. If Madison brings a friend, they can come and go as they please. One of our best investments.

jimtoo

For all the folks that don't carry a key it would be a good idea to hide one some where outside. You never know when the batteries will go down in the lock. They give no warning, just work now and next time they don't work.

Jim M

RVLockSupport

For all the folks that don't carry a key it would be a good idea to hide one some where outside. You never know when the batteries will go down in the lock. They give no warning, just work now and next time they don't work.

Jim M

Actually, the RVLock handle gives you warning beeps each time you use the handle letting you know batteries are getting low. But we definitely recommend placing one key in your glove box and the other hidden on your trailer. Travel safe!

Lynn1130

I have two complete sets of keys. One in my possession when we travel and the other in the truck glove box. As it turned out I needed the spare when I dropped the first set in a parking lot in Payson on a trip. Had I had the RVLock at that time I would not have lost them because I would have been using the keypad.

Bones

Hmm all of these reasons may help me in my pursuit to get the lock. At least I have a few weeks to keep pitching the purchase.

pegmikef

Actually, the RVLock handle gives you warning beeps each time you use the handle letting you know batteries are getting low. But we definitely recommend placing one key in your glove box and the other hidden on your trailer. Travel safe!

I figure my TV will always be where my fiver is so I carry a key in the console. I have keyless entry on the truck as well and the chances of the two 12 volt truck batteries both dying at the same time are very slim.

rxbristol

See this link to read about the extension of the RVLock special. Discuss the special here in this thread.

Thanks, Jim, for posting the extended sale information. My RV lock just came apart internally and it was a real mess to get out of the RV with the deadbolt extended, recessed into the handle and the rod disconnected. We look forward to the new lock.

Rex

jbeletti

Thanks, Jim, for posting the extended sale information. My RV lock just came apart internally and it was a real mess to get out of the RV with the deadbolt extended, recessed into the handle and the rod disconnected. We look forward to the new lock.

Rex

Rex - sorry to hear this. The lock that fell apart, are you talking about the OEM lock that came with your unit?

rxbristol

Yes, the OEM lock. I should have known to look at it sooner when the inside locking latch seem to be operating TOO smoothly...like something was loose, but I put it on the back-burner. Then, tonight, I locked the latch and again noted it seemed too loose and that was the last time it worked. One of the internal screws to the metal plate had come out which allowed the connecting rod to pull away from the deadbolt. The deadbolt then recessed slightly into the handle. It required sometime to figure out what went wrong. Used the fire escape to get out and get tools to retract the bolt. I have a temporary handle installed right now waiting for the new RVLock. If nothing else, I learned a lot.

jbeletti

Yes, the OEM lock. I should have known to look at it sooner when the inside locking latch seem to be operating TOO smoothly...like something was loose, but I put it on the back-burner. Then, tonight, I locked the latch and again noted it seemed too loose and that was the last time it worked. One of the internal screws to the metal plate had come out which allowed the connecting rod to pull away from the deadbolt. The deadbolt then recessed slightly into the handle. It required sometime to figure out what went wrong. Used the fire escape to get out and get tools to retract the bolt. I have a temporary handle installed right now waiting for the new RVLock. If nothing else, I learned a lot.

Ok - got it. You may have one of the recalled locksets. You may want to check with Heartland on that. If it is, perhaps you can obtain a replacment set to have as a backup in case you ever trade your coach and want to keep your RVLock for the next coach.

rxbristol

Ok - got it. You may have one of the recalled locksets. You may want to check with Heartland on that. If it is, perhaps you can obtain a replacment set to have as a backup in case you ever trade your coach and want to keep your RVLock for the next coach.

Thanks!!

rxbristol

Jim,

There was not a recall on the lock, but Heartland is sending me a replacement because the RV is still under warranty. I installed the RVLock 4.0 and love it. Nice deal for Heartland owners.

IronJ

Anyone have any tips or tricks for installing these on the newer doors with the full glass??.

Sure would like to get em on!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.