RVLock

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sorry to hear this!!

I have seen a camera you can install and it feeds to your cell phone?

Maybe even some alarm system stickers might deter a break-in?

We added a battery powered system that has a loud alarm when the door is opened, or the baggage doors. Though if they are in, they've already damaged something, but maybe it will scare them off before grabbing anything or ransacking the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peteandsharon

Sorry to hear this!!

We added a battery powered system that has a loud alarm when the door is opened, or the baggage doors. Though if they are in, they've already damaged something, but maybe it will scare them off before grabbing anything or ransacking the place.

Thanks guys. I'm curious about the alarm you put in the rig. Scaring the $##% out of them if they go in does have a certain appeal. I don't think they would stick around with the alarm going off. Of course, like we said, they did already break in. And they might just get mad and tear the alarm off the wall. I think what I would do is put the alarm in the living room area. With the slide all the way in it is not easy to get into the living room area in the 3055RL. They have to climb over the kitchen table and they may not be too willing to do that with an alarm blaring in their ears. Can you give me some more information about your alarm? Which one did you get and where did you get it from?

Thanks,

Pete

TravelTiger

I'm sure there are options out there. We found something at Harbor Freight.

Anyone can PM me for the exact model.

Erika

Gary521

I need a little help. What is the advantage of this door locking system? My existing low tech door lock has two key slots: one for the latch and one for the dead bolt. It takes me about 5 seconds to put the key in and turn both locks. From the video on the operation, it seems to take about 5 seconds to punch the keypad and it opens the electronic lock ( maybe ). The remote is quicker, I see, but there is no provision for the deadbolt, as far as I can tell. So what do I really get for the $250? Is there any incresed security? My low tech system does not need to replace the batteries twice a year. I believe in spending your money where there is a nice advantage, so again, whats the advantage here?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Remember, Locks are for honest people. Dishonest people will get in one way or another.

danemayer

I need a little help. What is the advantage of this door locking system?
Perhaps your car or truck has a key with a fob that lets you lock and unlock the doors with the press of a button. Keys work fine, but I'll guess that almost 99.999% of the people who have a fob for their car or truck find it more convenient to use the fob rather than the key. (I know it's not 100% because one of my brothers doesn't like using the fob. He always uses the key. He's the exception.)

Is the convenience worth $250? To some yes, to some no.

Kbvols

Thanks guys. I'm curious about the alarm you put in the rig. Scaring the $##% out of them if they go in does have a certain appeal. I don't think they would stick around with the alarm going off. Of course, like we said, they did already break in. And they might just get mad and tear the alarm off the wall. I think what I would do is put the alarm in the living room area. With the slide all the way in it is not easy to get into the living room area in the 3055RL. They have to climb over the kitchen table and they may not be too willing to do that with an alarm blaring in their ears. Can you give me some more information about your alarm? Which one did you get and where did you get it from?

Thanks,

Pete

Pete, I use motion alarms at our cabin. I bought them at Menards for around $20. The ones I have use a security code to turn on/of with user selecting the code. They are battery operated and are very loud when activated.

keith

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Sorry to hear this!!

We are installing one on the brick and stick that will let me view the hous while we are in Michigan. It also records on dvr with date time stamp and has night vision. You can find them at tiger direct.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Many breakin's occure with breaking the entry door window glass. Replace the door window glass with 1/4" plexi-glass, its a easy $30 fix at your local Home Depot/Lowes.

TravelTiger

I need a little help. What is the advantage of this door locking system? My existing low tech door lock has two key slots: one for the latch and one for the dead bolt. It takes me about 5 seconds to put the key in and turn both locks. From the video on the operation, it seems to take about 5 seconds to punch the keypad and it opens the electronic lock ( maybe ). The remote is quicker, I see, but there is no provision for the deadbolt, as far as I can tell. So what do I really get for the $250? Is there any incresed security? My low tech system does not need to replace the batteries twice a year. I believe in spending your money where there is a nice advantage, so again, whats the advantage here?

After having ours for about 4 months, it is nice to not HAVE to have the keys.
However, you are correct, the keypad or fob only lock to door, not the deadbolt. We always lock the deadbolt when in storage, but otherwise, we use the keypad/fob.

Another advantage is that this lockset is NOT like all the others out there, so it may be less likely someone has experience breaking it.

All said, I would not say it is absolutely worth $250. :-/. (Maybe look for a deal, like at the National Rally).

TravelTiger

If it's the unit owned by Lippert and marketed by Mobile Outfitters, then yes, it "should" be available for sale at the Mobile Outfitters booth at the rally.

I believe Mobile Outfitters was selling these at the Gillette Rally with a discounted price. We made a deal with someone who won one as a door prize and didn't need it (he already had keyless entry on his rig.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD