RW415 - Remove parts of the 2nd bathroom to increase garage area

Hi

We finally found a floor plan we really like, but the garage is too small to fit our toys. We are two families of 4 each travelling together, so we need to living space, but that also requires some extra space for our toys. The RW415 seems to hit the spot on everything besides we need additional 2 feet in the garage. Therefor we want to remove the parts of the 2nd bathroom from the garage. See floor plan illustration below:

RW415-modifications.jpg

I'm okay keep the wash etc, so we can continue to use that for other purposes like washing hands after a ride etc.
I will have to add a new floor to the bathroom and to add a wooden frame to the wall and ceiling where the walls used to touch. For the floor I will go with something metal since it needs to more rugged.

Do you think this is a doable project? I'm mainly thinking of electrical and plumping issue. Anyone could recommend a skilled professional to help with the project?

marcusweeks

anything's possible, but a, my cyclone has a carrying capacity of 3000 pounds. Not sure about that one. & B, how would you get the car in sideways? To me, it would be better to get the floor plan you want, put your car in the back, and have your friend follow you.

Hi Marcus

Thanks - It's illustrations of a car since they do not have UTV's in the floorplanner program I used. I have resized them to fit the UTV's I plan to bring. It's a Polaris RZR 900 and Polaris RZR ACE 570 (sideways via utv dolly). So total weight of the two together is around 2.000 lbs. According to spec I should be able to haul 4200 lbs.

marcusweeks

Gothca. have you actually been inside one and measured it? I know a lot of people on here have complained their 12 foot garage isn't really 12 feet.

No, but I had the dealer to measure it and as you say it was not 12" it was 11 feet 10". Doing this mod will however give a decent margin to fit them both in there.