Sacramento to Spokane

jdfishing

Thinking about taking a trip around Xmas from Sac. to Spokane on I-5. I'm a little concerned about the weather and mtn. passes in Oregon. I noticed some of those areas are getting freezing rain now. I don't have a tight schedule, so I could wait out a bad storm if I had to. Also, any hints on trailer preparation? Anyone have any suggestions on making this trip

Gaffer

Hey John. Check the weather forecasts and travel when the roads are good. Check out this site: http://www.tripcheck.com/Pages/CamerasEntry.asp
I would stay in Redding and pick a good travel day on US 97 from Weed to Bend then north to Maryhill. Good road all the way and you avoid all the I-5 passes and Portland traffic. Of course you also miss 7-Feathers :( .
PJ

Crumgater

I-5 Through Grants Pass can get ugly in a storm, that's for sure! Good if you can wait out any storms for a few days to let the road get cleared if there is an issue.

Maryhill State Park (Washington) - US97 & I-84 / WA Side of the River - is a GREAT place to stop, if you need another rest or over-night.