Said it before, will say it again!

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
not one bit...............a Union Pacific Desiel is OVERKILL everything else is simple fun.........

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
WOW! I was offered CW5 at my retirement in 1991. My best friend was Mike Novasell (the medal of Honer winner) and I flew with him that day! I received 47 air medals and 6 purple hearts. I was shot down 11 times, some as loach pilot and some as UH1C gun pilot with the 48 th AHC in Laos. I am going through VA agent orange treatments now and have lost 7 of my best friends to it. If you were a combat crew there I accept your comment. I paid my price.

Last edited by a moderator:

RollingHome

Welcome back chief, thought you retired again. While I have you'll ear, do you have any suggestions for riding mowers ?

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
"Chief", what a missed name! Most of you have no idea what it means, those that do "I appreciate the term more than you will
ever know!!!!"

mmomega

AnyTimer
axels on duals are no more than axels on singles..............................just an extra tire! Holly crap do you look at any specs????
Apparently you need to look at specs. Axles on a dually are in deed "more" or rated for more weight. As a Ford F350 SRW axle is a Ford Sterling rated at 7,280lbs while an F350 DRW axle is a Dana 80 rated at 9,000lbs.

9599d1294504155-rear-axle-payload-ratings-2011-f350-rgawr-1.jpg

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Specs are exactly WHY we purchased our new 2011 Chevy..

Is it me or is anyone else having trouble following the OP's rambling responses?

flameon

nice to know that we still have "freedom of speech" and also still have the right to believe what we want! for now anyway.

porthole

Retired
axels on duals are no more than axels on singles..............................just an extra tire! Holly crap do you look at any specs????

You are obviously bitter about something so this will be my last post replying to you.

Come on out to the north east and lets talks specs versus tolls - DRW for a pickup equals double the toll.
And it sounds like your big bad truck will be quadruple the tolls, so good luck with the specs.

Delaine and Lindy

Chief, sorry about the Agent Orange, I have been there and done that!! I'm now Cancer free for over 6 years. I do disagree with some of your thoughts about Trucks, but its just one of the great things about "Freedom" we Americans have the right to agree or disagree. And it seems as though we both have one thing that we can agree on, both spent many years in the Military. I'm retired Military also, Drafted and stay 26 years and 22 days, and I also was in Country 67/68 so I do understand what your talking about. I have many friends who have went thru the Agent Orange situtation and some are no longer here, RIP my warrior brothers and sisters. Thank you for your service to our Country and you are in our prayers that you will whip the Agent Orange beast. May the cold winds always blow on you back and the Sun shine on you.....

P.S. I also want to Thank you on a very though provoking, great debate, conversation and comments..

bill40

Don't you just love a good truck topic, 2228 views in 3 days. Shows lots of views and opinions, but my question is ( and I have some ) do all these mods get you there any quicker or safer or more economically, I think not. So why do it , because I want too. Good Thread!!:D

porthole

Retired
I did a lot of stuff to the 06 GMC, saw no difference in pulling, mileage or cooling.
The ford is getting only a fuel tank (done) and rear suspension help.

Wmnmy

I love you guys I have much respect for all of the info on this cite 214 10th mountain myself drove 48 Canada when I got out LEO now have v-10 6.7 swd and it pulls my cyclone fine for now will get diesel when I retire that's why I read and take in account all of your post very interesting conversation that take place everyone has an opinion as to which tv they like and why so keep it comming plus some of you are funny as you know what this youngster is learning a lot thanks

mmomega

AnyTimer
I did a lot of stuff to the 06 GMC, saw no difference in pulling, mileage or cooling.
The ford is getting only a fuel tank (done) and rear suspension help.

Since you did bring this up again Porthole. I think I've decided on the R4Tech system. Talked to my 4wheelparts guy and we gave Forestone and Sanluis Rassini a call and they build each kit to order and gave me about a 2 week turn around maybe longer if there were shipping problems so I'm going to plan on 1 month total, start to finish. Not sure if you've looked into it further.
I haven't pulled the trigger yet but very soon. The Bilstein 5100's were an ok upgrade but I'm thinking that self leveling bag over single leaf should do the trick. Will probably end up putting the Bilsteins on the '07 truck to help it out some.

Delaine and Lindy

I never will use any gadgets, my Duramax has 397 hp and I have plenty of HP/Torq. If GM thought it needed a gadget it would be a factory install... Gadgets are just snake oil..... But if you insist on a gadget to make your Truck compete, then get you a gadget, all repair shops need more work to do the repairs.. Happy Trails...

Northern Virginia
Some "gadgets" actually do improve your trucks performance. Air bags would be a good example. Or a TPMS. I am sure there are a lot of other gadgets that so few would need or want that they're not offered by the dealer.

Personally, I don't need any extra power or torque for pulling my Landmark. But there is a place for aftermarket gadgets that are not offered by the dealer (and that won't void your warranty).

John

TedS

My new Ford has factory-installed TPMS.

Oh yeah, I could pull Cabbage Hill at 55mph with my old stock '04 Duramax and 5'r.

Stock is good enough for me.