sat tv

diamondl

we have a bighorn 3260 and two tailgator satalite recievers.
the bedroom tv works fine but the living room (the one we watch all the time) doesn't have the correct format to fill the screen without distorting the picture or cutting off the sides of the picture and cutting off the bottom of the dish tv guide. it is a pain, and i can't shake the feeling that it's me doing something wrong. anybody know how to solve this?
diamondl

jimtoo

Hi diamondl,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Your problem is most likely with the programming of your TV. But if you will give us the type and brand of your TV I'm sure some of our other members with the same can give some help.

Enjoy the forum and I am also moving thread to a better area for info.

Jim M

bsuds

My TV has several viewing formats that can be changed via the remote. 16:9, zoom. STD, etc. Also my satellite receiver has different viewing options as well.
I would start by checking those.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Bsuds about the different viewing formats.
Since you have one TV looking good and a problem witht the other, the easiest thing to do is compare settings between the living room and bedroom TVs and satellite receivers.

Peace
Dave

MTPockets

Probably the viewing format. It depends on the station. Some of the movie channels require the zoom to fill the screen. Then, when the next program comes on, the zoom will cut off some of the picture, so you have to return the setting to normal. There is a button on your remote that makes the change. Some are marked some are not. On my dish remote, it's the page button, but others are different.

GOTTOYS

Some of the formats can only be changed with the television remote, others can only be changed with the satellite remote. At least that's how mine work...Don

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
depending on your sat receiver, the wiring to the Tv can make a difference too. We discovered that the settings have litte effect when connected using the yellow red white composite video settings as the TV we were using has too much overscan that could not be adjusted and still cut off part of the menu and guide screens.