satellite connections

rnewk52

Greetings,
We just took delivery of our new BC 4010 RD and I am trying to install my
Direct tv receiver. In the cabinet above the television are two coax connections. One has
a short cable going to a splitter and then two cables, one going to the tele and one to the stereo.
I am assuming the empty connection is for the satellite. Neither connection is labeled.
Am I correct? If not please set me straight.
Thanks

farside291

Yes, that connection comes from the UDC. I connected my power inserter to that connection and then the output of power inserter back to the receiver. Remember if you connect a hard wired receiver in the bedroom you have to move the Move the jumper from the amplifier over to the empty coax connection in the front closet.

RGVan

We had a Winegard installed on our LM 365 Charleston Direct HD Sat had nothing but trouble and poor reception finally got a 3rd party to come look and found several connections on the coach side wiring that were poorly made causing shorting and on one cable no signal at all getting thru after replacement the system now works great so if you have issues after hooking everything up check the coach wiring you might find your problems there.