Satellite question

Redrider007

I have a 2015 3010 Bighorn-I have a cable and plug in the bedroom closet-Is this for satellite? Also; do I just plug the coaxial from the antenna into the dish? Not really sure about the setup at all and what I need to get both Tvs working. I have an additional wall plate in the closet as well with what looks like a little light indicator on it.

Thanks for the help!!

Also; anybody use Direct TV on their rig and how do they charge for it?

danemayer

Hi Redrider,

I've attached a picture of the bedroom antenna/coax/satellite connections. Yours probably is similar to these. The jumper wire connects antenna/coax, or satellite to the TV connector.

Attachments

• Signao Booster Annotated 1.jpg
    Signao Booster Annotated 1.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 89

porthole

Retired
I have a 2015 3010 Bighorn-I have a cable and plug in the bedroom closet-Is this for satellite? Also; do I just plug the coaxial from the antenna into the dish? Not really sure about the setup at all and what I need to get both Tvs working. I have an additional wall plate in the closet as well with what looks like a little light indicator on it.

Thanks for the help!!

Also; anybody use Direct TV on their rig and how do they charge for it?

I use DTV.

When we travel I take the receiver from the house. I also use 2 of the Genie clients from the house.
There is no extra charge for this, and it is not something you have to tell DTV about.

Redrider007

Hi Redrider,

I've attached a picture of the bedroom antenna/coax/satellite connections. Yours probably is similar to these. The jumper wire connects antenna/coax, or satellite to the TV connector.
Thanks for the pic!! I have been on the roof and didn't see that satellite roof top control wire- can you explain?

danemayer

Thanks for the pic!! I have been on the roof and didn't see that satellite roof top control wire- can you explain?

The control wires, along with 2 coax wires from the UDC, terminate in the roof structure. When a Winegard Trav'ler rooftop dish is installed, the installer makes a hole in the roof and pulls the cables out in order to attach them to the Trav'ler unit. The Trav'ler control box goes in the closet, attaching to the end of the cable that's pictured there. In the UDC, the 2 pairs of satellite coax connectors get jumpered to feed the rooftop signals into the bedroom and living room.

For more information on this, take a look at our owner-written Landmark 365 user guide, starting on page 47. I believe the Bighorn has the same satellite prewiring setup as the Landmark.