Satellite ready?

twilliams

I just brought the Ashland LM 365 home and have a Dish Tailgater to hook up. I understand my Ashland is satellite ready. I just bought one reciever I plan to use in the LR. Wondering if the Satelite Ready wiring will allow me to slave the BR and outside TVs to the same channel I have the LR tuned to?

Last edited by a moderator:

chiefneon

Howdy!

Good luck with that. I had to have my new Cyclone 4000 rewired to us my portable satellite.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have the same 365 Ashland with the Tailgater. The King tailgater uses a 211 box that supports 1 TV per box. The king Dish can suport 2 211 boxes for 2 TV's, however use the IOGEAR wireless HDMI box that will receive 5 inputs (Dish,DVD Blue Ray,Game box, and more) and wirelessly send it to all of your TV's. Each TV will need the receiver box. It was kinda spendy $$$ but its nice I can watch dish on all 3 TV's (same Chanel only with 1 dish box) or Dish out side Gaming inside (If you have kids) and a Movie in the bedroom, With all of the components in the entertainment center. You can choose what you want to watch with the remote at each TV box. It also has the IR (I think its called) sensors so you can operate the inside components from outside. I had dish send me an extra remote for my box so I can have one outside to. If You go to my Project LM365 thread it has the pictures of it on there.

twilliams

So- questions:
1. Where can I purchase the iogear wireless HDMI box?
2. Do you have to have a iogear wireless HDMI box for each TV?
3. This can all be done with only 1 211 dish receiver?
Thanks,
TW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Call IOGEAR and talk to them. Tell them what you want to do, and how many TV's, they will tell you what you need. Then do a search for it on line for best price... I think they may have a better version then what I have. I see one with a more simple remote that might be easier to operate. Mine works good but it has to many buttons LOL

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tapatalk

Last edited:

maddog

Huhmina ! Huhmina!
i had to run my cable thru back window to power my winegard pathway x2,,,cut a small slit in screen and gasket...can still close window....I tried using sat ready in house connect,,but it would not consistantly power the dish,,,,,..the way i have it ,works great..

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
On both of the Heartland trailers that we have owned I've discovered that the factory doesn't seem to know or understand how to hook up the cable or sat wiring . . .

You'll probably have to tear into the coax and figure it out for yourself!

As a suggestion to the factory . . . perhaps color coding the coax cable (one color for cable/antenna, the other color coax for the sat signal) might be in order!

Because I'll tell you what . . . when I opened up the basement walls to try and trace the coax lines I almost threw in the towel!

ProwlerWHshutoffValve-P1000759.jpg

Whhhaaaatttttttt??????

If I hadn't been determined by watching a football game (Go Peyton and the Bronco's), I never would have spent the time to figure this mannagerie of wiring while out on a campout.

IronJ

You sir are a more patient man than i....after 2 trips and hours trying to figure out this "jumble " I gave in...

I have a cable wedged in my slide door "ghetto style" every trip now...

I honestly CAN NOT understand how after issue and complaint after issue and complaint heartland does not address this issue?.....how hard is it to use the correct wire and ensure connections are halfway installed tight? ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

avvidclif

I took the easy way out. The Sat In in the UDC went to a cable tv splitter which only worked to 900 MHz (Sat is 1800-2300 MHz) and on the output one side went to the main TV and the other to "Who Knows". I pulled enough cable to tie the main TV to the Sat In connector and hooked it up. After replacing the junk connectors that are loose. Finally got around to trying out the entire setup this weekend and it worked great. I had to make up a few jumpers to hook-up the Sat Meter and then get the power inserter installed correctly (DUH). After all the fiascos the Sat meter found the Sat I wanted (Directv @ 101). Tweaked the antenna using the Sat meter and went inside. TaDa signal levels from 95-100 on all transponders on the bird @ 101. Naturally had to call Directv to get the receiver turned back on (Grrr) but had beautiful HD TV all weekend. Everything in the RV is setup and stays in place, all I have to do is setup the dish.

Now that I have figured out all the hookups and hoops to jump thru I figure it's a less than 15 min job, start to finish, to enjoy HD TV. Happy camper. I have more time than that in figuring out where to point the rooftop antenna and then waiting for the TV to find all the channels.

Thanks Erika....

JohnD

I have more time than that in figuring out where to point the rooftop antenna and then waiting for the TV to find all the channels.

Get one of these for $33 at Camping World and you'll find those TV stations in less than 20 seconds!

TVsignalFinder.jpg

avvidclif

I have a signal strength meter built into the wall jack. It doesn't change the 15 min needed for the TV to search.

JohnD

I have a signal strength meter built into the wall jack. It doesn't change the 15 min needed for the TV to search.

Maybe your TV is the issue . . .

If you have a small table top antenna you could hook that up to the TV and see if it finds any channels.

With that signal meter I bought at CW I just rotate the antenna and when the LED's light up . . . I have it aimed!

Although I usually spin the antenna all the way around just to see if there are other stations in different directions.

We have two Vizio LED TV's in our trailer and it generally takes each one around five minutes to scan for the channels.

Dennyha

I encountered almost exactly the same problems with my 2015 Cyclone 3010. My antenna worked at all 4 TV locations, as did my cable. When I connected my Tailgater (I also have DISH), I got nothing connected to the SAT IN connection in the UDC. I chronicled my issues here: https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/51411-SAT-IN-apparently-not-connected
To make a long story short, I replaced the two way splitter behind the UDC with a 2400 MHz splitter instead of the 900 MHz splitter they installed at the factory (900 is OK for cable and OTA, but is not appropriate for satellite), and I replaced the 4 way splitter (again, 900 MHz) over the TV, behind the speaker screen with a 3 way splitter (2400 MHz). Mine ran from the UDC, where it was split with one line running to the basement TV area, and the other running to the 4 way splitter above the TV. From the 4 way splitter, there were 3 out lines running to the bedroom, garage, and to the living room entertainment center. While this helped substantially, and I was able to connect a receiver at all four locations and watch TV from the tailgater, I found I got the best signal from running a single direct line from the UDC to the living room wall plate. Even with the correct splitters, there was enough signal loss that I would get freeze ups. Since I only have one DISH receiver, and we typically watch satellite in the living room, I stayed with the direct line from the UDC to the living room (no splitters), and then placing an HDMI selector 2/1 after the receiver , with one HDMI running to the living room TV and the other runs to the basement area TV. This was, I can direct the signal to the outdoors TV from the same receiver I use to watch satellite in the living room.