Satellite recommendations

NHCelt

Remember that you are pretty well limited to 50' of coax between the antenna and the receiver. The dish is small and signal strength not the same as larger dishes.

I found out the hard way.....new trailer and new antenna/receiver at the same time. Took a while to recognize the real issue wasn't me!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We used a Carryout G2 with Dish Network service and had good luck with it. We just bought a new Oshkosh and wanted something that would support all three TV's and went with a roof mounted Traveler with Hopper and Joeys. VERY happy with this setup!

Lynn1130

Remember that you are pretty well limited to 50' of coax between the antenna and the receiver. The dish is small and signal strength not the same as larger dishes.

I have found that not to be true. I have both a 50' section and a 100' section. I use the 50 when I can get a clear sky within that range. Many times, in the forests 50 is not enough to get out to a clear view of the sky and 100 is necessary. I have not seen a difference in signal quality but then I have a high grade, well shield length of coax.

Shade is king in Arizona so unlike other parts of the country the more cover you can get over you the cooler you are.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
I have found that not to be true. I have both a 50' section and a 100' section. I use the 50 when I can get a clear sky within that range. Many times, in the forests 50 is not enough to get out to a clear view of the sky and 100 is necessary. I have not seen a difference in signal quality but then I have a high grade, well shield length of coax.

Shad is king in Arizona so unlike other parts of the country the more cover you can get over you the cooler you are.

Same here. On our house I have about 130' of coax from the antenna to the splitter.

RV'ing I also have a 50 and 125' piece of coax for pesky tree coverage.

jdamude

Would appreciate any input on satellite systems

1. King portable?
—with Wally receiver—Good or bad

2. Dealer installed roof mount system??
—more capability for DVE, etc?

3. What about streaming systems?

thanks
Rich
We have a KVH RV1 system on our unit. Not the cheapest unit out there but I'm able to use it for Bell, Dish and Direct TV with out any issues. It is fully controllable from my tablet. Receives all satellites including HD and locals.