satellite

Keywestwego

Just purchased a 2012 Landmark Grand Canyon.

What type of satellite antenna do y'all use? Tailgater or mounted?

We camp in tree covered and open spaces, so the Tailgater seems best to be able to move.

Just trying to get some other input.

Thanks

danemayer

Hi Keywestwego,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Landmark and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

A lot of people have rooftop mount. A lot of people have carryout.

For many years we used a manually aimed Directv Slimline 3 tripod mounted dish. Last summer we got a Winegard Trav'ler installed on the roof. So far we've had a tree problem at one overnight stay.

Lynn1130

As I recall there was a very recent thread on that very topic. In any event there are many if you search satellite or tailgator you should come up with a bunch of thoughts and opinions.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We used a Winegard Carryout when we had our Grand Canyon and it worked very well. When we bought the new Oshkosh I went with the Traveler roof mounted antenna and love it!

richheck

Seasoned Member
I installed the Traveler on my roof but carry a winegard pathway x2 portable if I know or think I will be traveling where my access to my roof will be blocked. Simple setup with the x2 and it will allow multiple receivers.

Keywestwego

Just found a Winegard G2 for sale this evening, (locally), for $200 with a tripod setup and 50' of cable. They just upgraded to the traveler. I'm thinking of getting this one and using until I decide if I want to roof mount one or not.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We decided on this RV to use a portable (Wingard G2). It’s easy to setup and gives you flexibility when in area that are difficult to get a signal. We recent though decided to cut to cord and try life without satellite. We are trying DirecTV Now which is streaming DirecTV instead of satellite. We watch most of our TV via Netflix’s and Amazon Prime already. DTV Now will save us a lot of money doing so if it works. Out travels plan this year are for Alaska so no DirecTV once you cross into Canada but DTV Now will work as long as we have a data signal.

”Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Keywestwego

We picked up the mobile Winegard G2 and ordered a receiver from Dish. It works great. Believe this will do us for awhile. Thanks for everyone's input.