Sears Tools Department Discount for Active/Retired Military

pegmikef

In case anyone is interested, I bought a new blower at Sears yesterday and they gave me a 20 percent military discount. Right now they are offering 20 percent discounts for nonsale items and 5 percent discounts for sale items in the Tools Department to active duty and retired military members. I knew they had been giving a ten percent discount, but the 20 percent was a surprise. For some reason these discounts only seem to be available in the Tools Department and are not very well publicized although yesterday there was a sign in the store. Lowes and Home Depot both give ten percent discounts on all purchases (sale and nonsale items) to military members.

On edit.

The 20 percent discount deal at Sears may be only temporary for the month of November because of veterans day, but 10 percent is their normal discount.

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Good to know about Sears. I find more and more places offering the military discount, but you need to ask before checking out to be sure and get it, as an updated list doesn't appear to be listed anywhere that I have found. The last list I found on line was about 6 years ago.
Dodge was offering a $500 cash back on any new vehicle, but that ended a year or so ago.
Also Sportsman Warehouse offers a 10% with your ID as well.

olcoon

A lot of places offer a 10% discount for active duty, retired & veteran's of the military. Some require some type of ID, I've found that a DD-214 or a VA card will work.