Second best after Sailun?

Hookem59

I'd love to put a set of Sailuns on my Sundance 3300CK, but the trailer is rated for ST235/80R16 tires, and I don't think Sailun makes that size (or I can't find them if they do). I'm hesitant to go with the higher pressure 235/85s, because I'm not sure my rims are rated for those (and I can't find a PSI rating on the inside of the wheels). It looks like my best options are Goodyear Marathons or Maxxis M8008s. Any recommendations (between those two or any others)?

justafordguy

If your rims are rated for 110psi get the Sailun. You can order them from simpletire.com for $152 ea. Call Heartland and see if they can tell you about the ratings of the rims. If they aren't rated for 110psi I've heard that the Maxxis M8008 is a good e rated tire.

Hookem59

I just spoke with both Heartland and Tredit. Apparently there's only one 8-lug rim Tredit makes that WON'T support 110 psi...and that's the one I have. :-(

SO, looks like I'm back to looking for that second best option!

dewwood

I just replaced all five of my tires with these http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com/product/RS2358516G and am quite happy with them. I had the 235 80 R 16's and the 235 85R 16's fit just fine. They are about 1-1/2" taller overall but there was still room. The rim rating should be on the backside of the rim stamped into the wheel and should say something like 3750 which is the weight rating and is suitable for the higher pressure tires. If your unit had the 16" tires already I would think they would be rated for the higher pressure.

Sorry but your post came up while I was typing, I would still check the rating on the wheel.

Hookem59

Yep, ALMOST all of the Tredit rims are rated for 3750 lb and 110 psi, but not the ones on the 2011 3300CK. Mine are rated for 3580 lb and 80 psi, according to Tredit. The 3580 is stamped on the wheel. If there's an air pressure rating on the wheel, it's hidden by the brakes. I think I'm out of luck on the Sailuns.

vangoes

You cant go wrong with the Maxxis 8008's for your sundance. I ran them on my old Big Horn for years.

Tundra2084

We also have a Sundance and replaced the towmax that came on our unit with the Maxxix. No more worries about being stranded due to a blown tire. Good reviews and a heavier tire than the towmax.

ncrzrbk

I replaced the towmax with Bridgestone Duravis 250. They are 235/85/16. They should fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
X3 for Maxxis, and I bet I'm heavier than you. We have same wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hookem59

I can get the Maxxis for under $150 each including shipping, so I think that's the way I'm gonna go. Thanks for the advice!

avvidclif

Whatever you get make sure the load rating exceeds the axle weight rating. Don't make the tires the weak link.

Gaffer

Go for the Maxxis. They are a great tire. The Marathon, not so much. I don't think they are any better than the Towmax.