Secondary Regulator 1/4" FPT to 1/4" Male Inverted Flare Adapter

6.7LMegaCab

Both of the original pigtails on my RV wouldn't seal and the secondary regulator on the drivers side was leaking, so I had to get new pigtails and a regulator. The regulator has 1/4" FPT but the pigtail is a 1/4" inverted flare. The pigtail is a MB Sturgis 100575 that the online data shows includes a back check.

Do I need to get a 1/4" Male to 1/4" female inverted flare adapter with or without a check valve?

I found a JR Products 07-30045 that has a check valve, then I came across a CAMCO version that include a check valve and one that doesn't.

Why the local RV parts dealer would sell mix and match parts without the proper fittings is beyond me.

I appreciate any recommendations!

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

6.7LMegaCab

I didn't end up going to the local propane company for guidance, but found more info on that check valve. It seems that it is mainly there to prevent backflow into the propane tank. However, the line to connect to the propane tank already includes a check valve (according to the data sheet). The old regulator and hose both used 1/4" NPT, with no other check valve (already presumably built in to the old hose). I guess for whatever reason, someone introduced the 1/4" inverted flare as it doesn't require Teflon on the threads. However, I haven't come across any regulators that directly accept the inverted flare, so you are still back to having to use Teflon tape for the 1/4" MPT to 1/4" inverted flare adapter, just to use the inverted flare propane tank lines.

I didn't specifically search for a propane regulator with a builtin 1/4" inverted flare female threads, but no one locally carries such an item.

I'm guessing you would probably use an adapter with a check valve if you are connecting two or more propane tanks together without using a switch over valve.

In the end I got the inverted flare adapter without a check valve as the old setup didn't have one either. I didn't want to introduce an extra item, then end up having problems, forgetting that it could be due to that check valve.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk