Seeking Replacement Part for Roof Vent Cover

jjh

On my 2006 3400 RL 5th wheel there is a roof vent cover on the left hand side of the trailer just ahead of the shower sky light. The existing vent cover (in bad shape) has a top cap which screws on, a removable round center piece, and what looks like a screen composed of concentric circles of plastic. The id just above the screen is about 4 inches. I suspect this is some sort of black or grey water vent cover? Does anyone know: 1) what is this part called? and 2) is there a replacement part source for this? I have talked with several of the RV parts stores and have had no luck in identifying what this is, and a part number. If a direct replacement is not available, is there an aftermarket upgraded part that my serve to replace this old part?

danemayer

Hi jjh,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of helpful people on the forum and I'm pretty sure someone will chime in with some help shortly.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I should be able to answer your question since I used to have a 3400RL. But.........
Based on your assessment of the size, 4", it sounds like it could be the roof vent, commonly called a mushroom vent.
You might try calling Heartland Customer Service. They might even give you a part number and you could order it from Heartland Parts.
Have your VIN in hand when you make the call.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave