SERIOUS Blowout!!! (requesting alternate tire recommendations)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have Hi-Run ST D-range tires on my Prowler . . . the BlowMaxes that were on it on the dealers lot are now on our old Trail Runner that we traded in, and was sold two days after it hit their lot!

While I only have about 400 miles on them, they came highly recommended by the repair shop that did the axle and spring replacement on our Trail Runner just before we traded it in.

And so far so good!

Gaffer

Stay away from the Marathon. Your trailer is too heavy for E rated tires. If you do stay with an E rated tire for the short term, choose Maxxis. They are avaulable through Discount Tire.
Does anyone have any feedback or knowledge about the Goodyear Marathon Trailer Tires? They come in 235/80R16 "E" Load Rating.

olybldr55

I have received a good education from everyone here posting their tire issues. I recently replace four Duro load range "C" 6 ply tires on our 24RBS TT. With less than 4,000 miles on the rig and always parked inside when not in use and properly inflated at all times, these tires failed. First was the tire wear which I monitored closely then after a trip to the coast and back during hot weather I noticed sidewall checking on on tire. Shopped different tire dealers in our area including Firestone and Goodyear. The Duro's were only a load range "C" and wanted to step into a "D" range which are hard to find. Firestone is what I ended up with a load range "D" 8 ply and now have about 500 miles on them. Going from a bias ply tire to a radial made a difference in the handling and hopefully the 8 ply sidewall will reduce tire roll when making a tight turn. I expect some tire roll as our TT is a wide track axle design. My opinion is that the Duro's were not sized correctly for this trailer considering dry weight, a full tank of water and food / clothing normally expected. Again thanks for the tire education.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have received a good education from everyone here posting their tire issues. I recently replace four Duro load range "C" 6 ply tires on our 24RBS TT. With less than 4,000 miles on the rig and always parked inside when not in use and properly inflated at all times, these tires failed. First was the tire wear which I monitored closely then after a trip to the coast and back during hot weather I noticed sidewall checking on on tire. Shopped different tire dealers in our area including Firestone and Goodyear. The Duro's were only a load range "C" and wanted to step into a "D" range which are hard to find. Firestone is what I ended up with a load range "D" 8 ply and now have about 500 miles on them. Going from a bias ply tire to a radial made a difference in the handling and hopefully the 8 ply sidewall will reduce tire roll when making a tight turn. I expect some tire roll as our TT is a wide track axle design. My opinion is that the Duro's were not sized correctly for this trailer considering dry weight, a full tank of water and food / clothing normally expected. Again thanks for the tire education.

What kind of Coach do you have?