Service After Sale At a Different Dealer?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Many of the brand managers, the folks that steer the design and production of various Heartland brands, make themselves available for a Q&A session with owners that attend the North American Owners Rally in Goshen. I was quite impressed as they did not shy away from tough questions. Each one of HL's Managers is accessible via phone or email, and that info has been published in the Heartland Owners Club Newsletter. These managers also attend regional RV shows and will talk your ear off! I've even friended a few on Facebook!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr827

When I ordered my Bighorn I must have called the brand manager 5 times with questions about off sheet options and other things. One of the questions had to do with adding a hand rail going into the bedroom. He was able to get it done since the trailer had not hit the production line. He always called me back with the information promptly.Don

bob34787

have had airstream, cedar creek , forest river and now Heartland landmark they are all the same, the selling dealer is only responsible to deliver to you a heartland RV free from defects at the time of delivery, as per Heartlands warranty revision dated 11/1/2011, no dealer has to repair any defect only the manufacturer has the responsibility, and than only components made by them. As per the warranty papers I have dealers may repair your Heartland with prior approval from Heartland and only to the extent that Heartland allows them to. All of this is the same for all RV manufacturers, it is not like a Ford or GM warranty, sorry but you will find this with whatever brand you purchase.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
When I was at the National in Gillette a few years back, Heartland VP Coley Brady was riding around with the service people that were working on owner's rigs. He was very accessible to everyone and observing what issues owners were having. Trace

WhyNot

Well Thanks Trace, it sounds as if you are at their rallies and such they have options.

Bob I am guessing that maybe Heartland is the only one being up front and honest by putting on their brochures cause I could not find it on any others from Keystone, Jayco, Sanibel, or Lifestyle. I had a dealer that wants to sell me a HL unit that their dealership would work on any unit from them or not. He was also shocked that a dealer would put in writing that why would not do warranty service on a unit not purchased their.

David

Westwind

(Whynot) It sounds like you have found a dealer that is worth working with and maybe buying a trailer from. I would try finding some customers who have bought trailers from that dealership and see what kind of recommendations you get from them. But in the end it is a trailer you travel with as you know and things never go wrong in the driveway or near the dealer - always away!

WhyNot

you are so right Westwind on my very first5th that we had on the maiden voyage the motor on the front went out and had to hand crank them up and down four times,,, long story but we had to move spots also. and did I mention that it was in the rain twice. so it does happen.

David

bob34787

the dealer that was shocked is either new to the industry or is just plain lying to you. I think you will find they are all the same, my friend bought a 150,000+ DRV elite suite and was told the same thing. The reason for all of this is the reimbursement to the dealer, when you do warranty work you are tying up your cash and lot space waiting for the mfg. to send parts and than waiting months to be reimbursed for the labor, labor at a rate and time dictated by the mfg. , all of this and you made no money on the sale and may never see that person again.