Seven Points Campground Nashville TN

MCTalley

Seven Points campground is a COE facility on the northeast shore of J Percy Priest lake just east of Nashville. Since I occasionally have to drop into our downtown Nashville office, we've traditionally stayed at the Music Valley KOA and I've rented a car to get downtown. Between the KOA price and the rental car and fuel, we're talking close to $120 a day.

Earlier this year, I ran across a second person that mentioned staying at the Seven Points COE campground and I figured I'd see what was available on their reservation system. Not much, to be honest. I was looking back in April and the entire summer seemed to pretty much be booked solid, except for this week in one spot (I must have gotten on just after someone cancelled).

A second bonus to the location is that it is not too far from one of the Nashville Star commuter train stations. I decided to try something different this trip and bought a 10 trip train pass for $40. Val has been dropping me off and picking me up from the train station. The station in town is only about six blocks from our office. So, between the nightly rate of $22 (50 amp/water) and $8 a day to ride the train, we're saving a bundle.

On top of that, the place is very well kept and beautiful. It's only open April 1 to Oct. 31, though, and as mentioned earlier, it books up for the summer pretty quick. However, checking ahead to a possible next trip here in October, I see quite a few openings still available.

Site #22:

i-gzRSpMk-M.jpg

Sunset over the lake (they do have lakeside sites, but we aren't on one):

i-vqknW6r-M.jpg

My ride into town this week:

i-GKFPHjH-M.jpg

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We just visited a COE campground in Demopolis AL (Fosque Park), visiting some friends who are now working in the campground. Beautiful park on the TomBigbee River, 42 sites with 39 sites being full hookups. The only downfall with the COE system like many state and national parks is that it's limited to a two week only stay. I was amazed at how well the campground and park facilities were keep up. Much better than a lot of the commercial campgrounds we have been in.

Kbvols

That a great saving and that is a real nice area. We spent many weekends on PP lake back in the day when we lived there. There were no commuter trains back then. Has to be a great way to beat the traffic in the city.

Sniper

We just visited a COE campground in Demopolis AL (Fosque Park), visiting some friends who are now working in the campground. Beautiful park on the TomBigbee River, 42 sites with 39 sites being full hookups. The only downfall with the COE system like many state and national parks is that it's limited to a two week only stay. I was amazed at how well the campground and park facilities were keep up. Much better than a lot of the commercial campgrounds we have been in.
We stayed there this past April. It is a beautiful campground. :)