Sewer leaking

roy2

count how maney times you use the washing machine to fill the tank the same with the shower.in the shower if it backs up its full.open the valve up in a couple of days mine is leaking some i have a couple sewer tanks to fill also none of my gauges work ive had this big horn for 5 years now once a week i drain the tanks. all is good my washing machine fills my shower tank so i can leave it open all the time. good luck

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Sewer tank is leaking a little bit will not shut off any suggestions on how to fix it
If you want it fixed right, it’ll likely involve invading the belly to access the valve body. Likely one of two scenarios.
1-valve not closing completely from either debris or out of adjustment. Have you back flushed it externally from the exit? If it’s not debris blocking the blade valve then an adjustment where the cable attaches to the blade shaft may allow the blade to close tighter
2-one of the two or both rubber gaskets in the valve body are deformed or torn and must be replaced. Hope for the previous fix because this fix will be messy!!
Good luck!