Shocks ???

Trailer Trash

I want to change the shocks on my 09 Bighorn 3370, I will do the work myself, where do I find good shocks at a decent price? Thanks

jbeletti

Hi Art - I don't know much about what shock to use, but I'm hearing more and more about this Joy Rider system from Sonny Dismuke - LINK

Trailer Trash

Hey Jim, Looks like a good system, will check into it, Thanks

P.S. I want to add the USA map by my name, where do I start ?

caissiel

The stock location for shocks is a lost cause. They will break again at the axle. They are installed to flat to be any good.
I relocated the top location for a 60 degree angle from horizontal. Last year I replaced all mine using a 70's Chrysler Cordoba or similar rear wheel drive car's front shock..
They were stock at O'Reilly's.

jbeletti

Art - I rather agree with Laurent on the angle we mount our shocks. If you're committed to keeping shocks on your coach (some people remove them), consider doing what Laurent did by repositioning the angle of the brackets for a more effective control of recoil. Or look further at that Joy Rider.

Hunter11

Art, this link will take you to what a couple of us have done that so far is working very well. I think with the Monroe shocks and urethane bushings I have around $175 in ours.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/46513-Monroe-Shocks-555001-vs-555025?highlight=monroe+shocks