Should I be Worried?

kg_nc

I have a 2015 3160EL with level up which I used this weekend. With the level up extended everything was fine except the laundry room door would no longer latch because the door frame was slightly offset (small gap by the hinges and a much wider gap on the lock side). The campsite wasn't really that much out of level either. When I retracted the level up the door frame went back to normal and the door would latch. This behavior sounds like a weak frame to me and I'm wondering about my first Heartland purchase. I would like to hear from somebody from the factory that monitors these forums for a good answer. I don't have a lot of confidence in the product at the moment. Thank you.

Mrsfish

I would not wait in hopes that someone from the factory 'happens' to see your post. Call customer service first thing in the morning.

danemayer

Hi kg_nc,

What you're describing doesn't sound all that unusual with the levelup system. A little variation in how the rig levels side-to-side can do this. One time you level and it's fine. Another time the site isn't as level and the door won't latch. Usually it shows up as a latching problem on the bedroom door and in minor cases an elongated striker plate eliminates the annoyance.

But I'd suggest you get a carpenter's level and check the floor in a few places to see how the rig is sitting. I'm guessing you'll find that the leveling is not the same everywhere which would indicate the levelup is not calibrated quite right, or a sensor is slightly out of place.

If you used the AUTO function, you might try leveling manually front-to-rear and then left-to-right without doing any manual corner adjustments.

On Edit: The factory doesn't monitor 100% of the forum posts so your post may not generate a response from the factory.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
My 2015 3260EL did the same when we pulled into a rest area to eat. The door was hard to open and then would not latch. At times it was a little tight after leveling also. I adjusted the striker plate and no more problem.