Show off your towing rig!

Jeeper

2008 Dodge Ram...5.7L Hemi, more than enough to pull a 22RBK...186K miles on it, with the lifetime powertrain warranty. This truck is a survivor...at six months old, was rear ended by a Semi on I-44 just southwest of Rolla (just over the crest of Newburg hill, for those familiar with the area.) Just after Christmas, 2008...massive rain, Highway was flooded due to a plugged drain. Traffic stopped, looking through my rear view mirrors, see an explorer move in behind me...semi comes flying over the crest of the hill, hits the explorer, blows out all the windows, moves the body a couple foot off the frame, punts him On TOP of the guard rail...comes through and hits me square on...the trailer hitch! Rolled that puppy 180 degrees under the truck, pushes the bed into the back of the cab...fortunately, I managed to make it a "rolling" hit. Pulled over, called MoHP, trooper walks up, asks "are we all right"...yeah. We drove it on to Branson, finished vacation, drove it home. Frame not even bent....$7000 damage...they bolted a 2009 rear end (springs and all) from the Chrysler factory right under it and a new trailer hitch repaired the bed and the cab...still driving it to this day.

To add insult to injury...two days before I was SUPPOSED to pick up the 22RBK...on the first day of deer season here in Illinois...I got a doe...with the headlights on and the horn blowin' (apologies to Ron White, but that's how it happened!)

Sniper

Nice looking truck. Have you done any mods to it? Like the 6637 air filter? I'm assuming it's the 7.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Tom. Yes it's a 7.3 It has a few mods, but not the 6637 I run an aFe in the stock box. Deep Trans pan w/cooler, 5 qt finned aluminum diff. cover, AIH delete, Diesel Site coolant, and trans filter kits, Diesel Site 203 Deg thermostat, and billet housing, drilled and slotted brake rotors and ceramic pads all around, 4 inch Magna Flow Turbo back exhaust (Straight), and 2 1000 CCA Ultima Batteries. That's pretty much it. Just love my ol' truck. lol

MagnoliaTom

Thanks Tom. Yes it's a 7.3 It has a few mods, but not the 6637 I run an aFe in the stock box. Deep Trans pan w/cooler, 5 qt finned aluminum diff. cover, AIS delete, Diesel Site coolant, and trans filter kits, Diesel Site 203 Deg thermostat, and billet housing, drilled and slotted brake rotors and ceramic pads all around, 4 inch Magna Flow Turbo back exhaust (Straight), and 2 1000 CCA Ultima Batteries. That's pretty much it. Just love my ol' truck. lol

You've obviously spent some time on FTE . I used to have an excursion with the 7.3. I did a lot of the same mods. Loved that vehicle. But, since we got a fifth wheel, the wife didn't want to drive it every day so we sold it.

Sniper

You've obviously spent some time on FTE . I used to have an excursion with the 7.3. I did a lot of the same mods. Loved that vehicle. But, since we got a fifth wheel, the wife didn't want to drive it every day so we sold it.

I'm not sure I know what FTE is Tom. It must of been difficult letting that 7.3 excursion go, but kinda hard to pull a 5ver with it. lol

MagnoliaTom

I'm not sure I know what FTE is Tom. It must of been difficult letting that 7.3 excursion go, but kinda hard to pull a 5ver with it. lol

FTE=Ford Truck Enthusiasts. It's a forum for all Ford trucks and has a wealth of information about common problems, mods, etc.

Yes, it was very difficult parting with the Ex. Still wish we had it

Sniper

FTE=Ford Truck Enthusiasts. It's a forum for all Ford trucks and has a wealth of information about common problems, mods, etc.

Yes, it was very difficult parting with the Ex. Still wish we had it

Honestly never have hung out on the forums too much, too many ads, and seems like the young guys are all into off roading, and max horsepower (not that theres anything wrong with that. I was young once LOL).

I forgot to mention that I have "Tembren" SES suspension as well. Love them.

Nice looking rig you have there too Tom.

Sniper

What's not to love, it's a beauty.:cool:
Thanks justafordguy. Actually been thinking about biting the bullet and having it repainted, but to do it "right" will cost some major bucks. She just runs so dang good, I'm having a hard time justifying the New truck prices, although I'd love to have one. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know how to add an image.
When you "click" on the reply button if you look above the text block you will see "icons". Click on the one with what looks to be a little tree (next to the globe w/the "X" on it). Follow the instructions from there. Hope this helps. :)

Bones

Thanks justafordguy. Actually been thinking about biting the bullet and having it repainted, but to do it "right" will cost some major bucks. She just runs so dang good, I'm having a hard time justifying the New truck prices, although I'd love to have one. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

When you "click" on the reply button if you look above the text block you will see "icons". Click on the one with what looks to be a little tree (next to the globe w/the "X" on it). Follow the instructions from there. Hope this helps. :)
There are several options you can do to spice up your old beauty. New mags with shoes. Change the grill and front bumper. Update your headlights and only have a top coat sprayed on your truck. You can also have a good buff done on your TV to make it shine more. You could wet sand the clear coat off on your paint to the color but not too much and then have a new clear coat sprayed on with a slight metallic in it.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
She looks well taken care of! I have toyed around with trading mine in and actually had a deal on a new Ford over the summer but just couldnt let mine go. Its nice to see another oldy but goody out there.

PU.jpg

Of course the topper is gone now. I have the banks exhaust, banks IC, Dieselsite boots, Banks Big Hoss 80 HP chip, Banks Six gun on top of that, FASS fuel pump/water separator, Warn hubs, Cryo-slot rotors, HAWK pads, AFE intake, ATS compressor housing, Dieselsite waste gate, race shop built billeted trans with 3 disk torque converter and the mag hytec larger trans pan, 6.0 trans cooler up grade, IH up pipes, air bags, and a bunch of gauges. This winter I plan to install an exhaust brake, coolant filter, and if I have the time an Adrenaline HPOP.

Sniper

She looks well taken care of! I have toyed around with trading mine in and actually had a deal on a new Ford over the summer but just couldnt let mine go. Its nice to see another oldy but goody out there.

View attachment 41648

Of course the topper is gone now. I have the banks exhaust, banks IC, Dieselsite boots, Banks Big Hoss 80 HP chip, Banks Six gun on top of that, FASS fuel pump/water separator, Warn hubs, Cryo-slot rotors, HAWK pads, AFE intake, ATS compressor housing, Dieselsite waste gate, race shop built billeted trans with 3 disk torque converter and the mag hytec larger trans pan, 6.0 trans cooler up grade, IH up pipes, air bags, and a bunch of gauges. This winter I plan to install an exhaust brake, coolant filter, and if I have the time an Adrenaline HPOP.
Here is a pic of the coolant filter kit installed. Looks like it came from the factory too! GEDC1265.jpg

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Thats what I ordered. My previous comment was about your pick up by the way, I just forgot to quote. On the new paint topic have you ever thought of having it wrapped? I looked into it last year and would have been about 3500 to do it. Think they are good for 7 years when taken care of.

Here is a pic of the coolant filter kit installed. Looks like it came from the factory to

o! View attachment 41649

Sniper

Thats what I ordered. My previous comment was about your pick up by the way, I just forgot to quote. On the new paint topic have you ever thought of having it wrapped? I looked into it last year and would have been about 3500 to do it. Think they are good for 7 years when taken care of.
Thanks. I appreciate that. Never gave a wrap much thought. Fresh paint (or a wrap) is waaaaay down the list right now. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Looking good Bill. :)

AAdams

Well we finally just got tired of all the problems with our '14 RAM 3500 we just switched to FORD.
20151210_131438.jpg