Shower door not even

olcoon

We noticed that there was a piece of plastic hanging loose on the bottom of the shower door and the door was extremely hard to close. I thought no problem, I'll just get a new sweep & replace it. Got the new one & replaced it. The door was still hard to close. Then I noticed that on the hinge side of the door there was from 1/2-3/4" gap, while on the other side of the door, it's dragging. Probably what caused the plastic sweep to come apart. I looked at the hinges, and there is a screw at the top & bottom of the door apparently to adjust the hinges. I loosened them, & tried to adjust the door, and it didn't seem like anything happened. I searched in past posts (all 9 pages) & didn't really find anything that would apply. Before I used too much force & possibly break something I thought I'd check with the experts on here to maybe get some ideas. We've got a 2010 Elk Ridge 27RLSS.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Roy!!!

How funny, I discovered the exact same problem recently! I took the sweep from the top of the door, and put it on the bottom. I could not see how to adjust the door, but did notice that the top hinge was slightly moved out of place and loose. I pushed on it, and it seemed to move back into place, but I don't know how to tighten it.

Erika

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When mine got to be a problem, I noticed that the plastic parts that the door hinge sits in had some up and down play.
I raised the lower plastic hinge seat and put some shims under it.
That raised the door and it works good now.
Roy, I will be going past your place tomorrow. If you want I can stop in and show you what I did.

Peace
Dave

olcoon

Erika, I had already done that, so tried it again after I saw your post...didn't seem to work.

Dave, I sent you an email with my cell #

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
When mine got to be a problem, I noticed that the plastic parts that the door hinge sits in had some up and down play.
I raised the lower plastic hinge seat and put some shims under it.
That raised the door and it works good now.
Roy, I will be going past your place tomorrow. If you want I can stop in and show you what I did.

Peace
Dave

Please take pics and post them, guys! Thanks!

olcoon

I'll try, but ever since this summer for what ever reason, I haven't been able to post photos. Haven't been able to figure it out. I've posted photos on here before, but can't seem to now.

jimtoo

If'n yall wounldnt use tha dooor but about 1 tim a weak yall wounldnt ware it out. :) myin is 4 yers ole and stell wrkting good.. :) bunt I onley use it bout 1 tim a weak... mybe. :)

olcoon

Well, lestins fer me, I's dunt due my bathins thar, i use th utsid shower, ya no th 1 with th black pipe cluse ta the durt!

jbeletti

I'll try, but ever since this summer for what ever reason, I haven't been able to post photos. Haven't been able to figure it out. I've posted photos on here before, but can't seem to now.

Have Dave show you how to post pics after he shows you how to fix the shower door :)

olcoon

Jim, I talked to him a while ago & he told me how he fixed his. As far as posting photos goes, I don't know what's going on. I've posted them on here before, even a couple of videos. Haven't been able to post any since last summer when we were in Wyoming. At first I thought maybe it was just the wifi at the library, but tried after we got home & still couldn't. I don't know if it's changing from a Windows computer to a Mac, or what. Don't think it would make any difference, Windows or Mac...but. It will let me go to where they are supposed to be uploading, but after 30-45 min. I lose patience & quit.

jbeletti

Jim, I talked to him a while ago & he told me how he fixed his. As far as posting photos goes, I don't know what's going on. I've posted them on here before, even a couple of videos. Haven't been able to post any since last summer when we were in Wyoming. At first I thought maybe it was just the wifi at the library, but tried after we got home & still couldn't. I don't know if it's changing from a Windows computer to a Mac, or what. Don't think it would make any difference, Windows or Mac...but. It will let me go to where they are supposed to be uploading, but after 30-45 min. I lose patience & quit.

Between Dave and I and between the valley and Kerrville, we'll learn ya good.

olcoon

Sounds like a plan! I need all the help I can get! Oops, did I just open another can of worms?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

I had the same pictures posting problem with Internet Explorer. Switched to Firefox and that solved the never ending posting problem for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk