shower door question

happycampernc

It seems that when we take a shower the water gets outside the door. Has anyone else having this problem? My hubby has recaulked the shower and said that there is a piece of plastic thingy that runs across the bottom of the door. I guess it's not keeping the water in.

twohappycampers

It seems that when we take a shower the water gets outside the door. Has anyone else having this problem? My hubby has recaulked the shower and said that there is a piece of plastic thingy that runs across the bottom of the door. I guess it's not keeping the water in.

Same thing happening here. Are you talking about the clear plastic thingie that runs both the top and bottom of the door? I think it's that bottom thingie too, but haven't stopped long enough to try to fix it, just putting towels down but don't want to be doing that much longer. I hope that the plastic thingie can be easily bought and replaced, maybe a longer one would do it? I'm pretty sure the water is coming from the bottom right corner. But if it means taking off the shower door, I don't know how to do that. I'm sure someone here will give us some help. I know this has been a problem for others.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Assuming you have the standard neo-angle shower, the door sweep (clear plastic "thingie" :rolleyes: women??) can be removed from either the top of bottom by pulling it out of its channel near the hinge side. But they are the same size. Check that the bottom one is inside the frame ledge when the door is closed. On mine, the top one deflects more than the bottom one, but I don't have water coming out, either. The door swing can actually be reversed, but it required removing the entire door frame and rotating it 180 degrees. Not something to be taken lightly. Plus if it swings into something, like the lavatory counter (full enclosed bathroom), you'll be cleaning up broken glass.

I don't know if a wider piece of plastic sweep material that will fit the channel is available. Try getting the name of the shower stall manufacturer and contacting them. They were at the Goshen rally, but I don't have their name handy.

goodtruck

We had that problem too I took the shower en closer completely apart and recaulked the whole thing when I REASSEMBLED it.that stooped all the leaks.I made sure that I caulked under all the pieces that were on the bottom and the walls.

porthole

Retired
Just a note, the shower folks at Goshen said to caulk on the outside of the shower. Don't know why, but that is from the manufacturer.