shower drain gives in when stepped on

I have the mallard m-29 I have shower in rear of camper with sideways tub. the drain is right where my right foot would go to stand in a normal position to the shower head. when I stand on or near drain I feel it give in ( sink down) I have already had to replace the pea trap underneath because the pvc cracked. is the anyone who has fabricated a sub floor piece to help support this weak spot??? fyi I weight 165 lbs...I am average so it is not a weight issue : )

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our old 2013 Heartland Trail Runner did the same thing . . . I called it a squishy floor.

We had one of those corner showers with the glass surround, and it had an access panel on the front just under the shower door.

I cut a two pieces of 2x4 to fit under there (one on each side of the drain) and wedged them in place . . . no more squishy floor!

Domi

I had the same thing in the North Trail. Like John I put in some 2X4's to strengthen it and added some carpet pieces to make up the difference. I took a couple of pictures of the repair.

John

Attachments

• 20160501_141530_HDR.jpg
    20160501_141530_HDR.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 20160501_131152_HDR.jpg
    20160501_131152_HDR.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 73

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I had the same thing in the North Trail. Like John I put in some 2X4's to strengthen it and added some carpet pieces to make up the difference. I took a couple of pictures of the repair.

John

We have the same shower in our Prowler, although the bottom of the shower is flush with the floor, so there is no access door . . . and no squishy shower floor.