Shower Faucet Replacement

mbopp

I think I know the answer but I'll ask anyway.....

I have a SEA angled shower enclosure in the 21FBS. The outlet on the shower faucet is cracked and spraying water and it's only a matter of time before it breaks off completely.
So it appears I'll have to remove the whole enclosure to get behind it to replace the faucet? If so this'll be a dealer warranty item at the end of the season.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm not sure, but once the handles are off, there may be a way to get to other parts to remove it.

check out the manufacturer's website, they do sell parts. http://www.durafaucet.com/replacement-parts/

You could also call Heartland customer service and ask for advice on how to remove the faucet.

Erika

mbopp

Rick - nope, the enclosure is one piece without an access hole.
Erika - I put a worm clamp around it for now. I'll look at it closer after the next trip. I'd hate to break it or tear into it right now.

Thanks

guyc66

On my last 5er the access panel to the backside of the shower faucet was located inside the entertainment cabinet in the living room. I had to remove the tv set to get to it, but other than that it made for easy access. If your shower enclosure is located on a shared wall with another room I would start there.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Guyc66, no such luck, 21fbs shower is in the back corner with two outside walls. There's an access panel to look under the pan, but no others, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickhansen

Rick - nope, the enclosure is one piece without an access hole.Thanks

I guess I'm stumped. It is certainly needed.

I would investigate the the cost (and your comfort) of adding a service access port. The port and screw covers have to be commonly available, probably through Heartland. They might be willing to pony one up for you. It appears that the cutout is 5" diameter. I'm sure a five inch fine-tooth holesaw would do the job ($13 at Northern Tool). A little silicone sealer and a couple stainless steel screws, and away you go...

Just be sure not to damage the plumbing as the saw penetrates the enclosure.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If you choose to install a panel, run the 5in saw in reverse. It will slowly cut thru the fiberglass and not jump or rip the fiberglass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianharrison

Depending on the style of taps, the ends of the handles may screw off, allowing the remaining part of the handle to split in half - maybe the entire tap/shower hose fixture can be disassembled, accessing the back?

Just a thought.

Brian

mbopp

Erika is correct - the shower is in the rear corner of the trailer on 2 exterior walls.
If I can't disassemble the valve far enough to replace the diverter T I'll look into cutting an access hole. Or offer it to the dealer as an option since it's still under warranty.
Unless it breaks completely I really don't want to mess with it before the end of the camping season.
Hmmmm... I wonder if SEA Enclosures has any ideas????