Shower Leak

proffittk

So just purchased a 2019 PI322 and the shower in it works great for its size BUT the way its designed the water seems to hit the walls and then roll out onto the floor on both the front and back end of the shower. Its not just a little water but LOTS of water. Attempted to adjust the curtain but can't seem to improve the situation. Wondering if anyone has had this issue and what they did to resolve it. Don't believe it to be a warranty issue but same time I have made a list of issues to bring up to the retailer to see what they can do to assist as well

danemayer

Hi proffittk,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We've got a lot of folks here who have solved all kinds of problems, so I expect someone will provide some helpful feedback shortly.

carl.swoyer

So just purchased a 2019 PI322 and the shower in it works great for its size BUT the way its designed the water seems to hit the walls and then roll out onto the floor on both the front and back end of the shower. Its not just a little water but LOTS of water. Attempted to adjust the curtain but can't seem to improve the situation. Wondering if anyone has had this issue and what they did to resolve it. Don't believe it to be a warranty issue but same time I have made a list of issues to bring up to the retailer to see what they can do to assist as well
Pictures of the shower would be great.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Pictures of the shower would be great.

Try these. They have clips to hold the curtains in place. Also wet the showers edge near the curtains and press the curtains to the shower ,the water holds the curtains in place.51jE7Aw+onL._AC_SY400_.jpeg

jbeletti

I checked with Customer Service and they have not received a complaint on this shower in the past.

Wondering if a longer shower curtain or different shower head angle is the cure??

jerryjay11

Had the same issue and what is happening is the water runs down the wall and travels along the bottom of the wall and shower base. Other than adjusting the leveling of the camper adding the above triangle corners are the best solution. Doesn't matter what shower curtain because no curtain will make enough contact to the wall to seal it.

carl.swoyer

Had the same issue and what is happening is the water runs down the wall and travels along the bottom of the wall and shower base. Other than adjusting the leveling of the camper adding the above triangle corners are the best solution. Doesn't matter what shower curtain because no curtain will make enough contact to the wall to seal it.
If you wet the showers wall with your hand then place the shower curtains against the wet surface it will stay. This does work .

jerryjay11

If you wet the showers wall with your hand then place the shower curtains against the wet surface it will stay. This does work .

Nope, did not work because the wall and shower base creates 3 separate 90 deg angles, plus the curve of the shower base. Then the shower wall at the bottom isn't straight, but curled in.

proffittk

Here are pictures of the shower/tub for better idea of the issue

Attachments

• 20180724_184657.jpg
    20180724_184657.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20180724_184704.jpg
    20180724_184704.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 43

jerryjay11

Been there-done that. Caulking that is. Found the only thing that worked without having to make multiple attempts to park the camper at the perfect angle was the item that carl.swoyer referred to earlier in this string of post.