Shower leaking

Im at a standstill. Everytime I take a shower it leaks in the basement down the wall. it has been in and out of Camping World for the last 19 Months! Im not exaggerating at all. They call me and says its ready, I pick it up and and bring it home, hook it up and go take a shower and it leaks. In the last 19 months I have taken it back and forth to Camping World 11 times and now im about ready to roll it right into the lake or leave it in the campground year round and pray a tree falls on it hahaha. Heartland has zero customer service skills and the extended warranty is a joke.

rhodies1

Im at a standstill. Everytime I take a shower it leaks in the basement down the wall. it has been in and out of Camping World for the last 19 Months! Im not exaggerating at all. They call me and says its ready, I pick it up and and bring it home, hook it up and go take a shower and it leaks. In the last 19 months I have taken it back and forth to Camping World 11 times and now im about ready to roll it right into the lake or leave it in the campground year round and pray a tree falls on it hahaha. Heartland has zero customer service skills and the extended warranty is a joke.

Heres a couple of things you can check yourself,on the wall of the shower there is a round cap below the taps which gives access to the lines to the taps,make sure all these connections are tight,a lot of people have had them leak.Next check to ensure the drain at the bottom of the shower is tight,all connections, you will need to access the compartment behind the basement wall,make sure the p trap is securely installed and tight on the drain pipe,I have seen this leak,looks good visually but leaks when water drains,also look to see if you do not have a hair line crack in the shower stall lining around the floor drain,if it was over tightened it could be cracked,the liner is very thin.
Also try lying in the basement compartment and have someone spray the walls,taps etc in the shower,this may show you where the leak begins. Good luck.

Heres a couple of things you can check yourself,on the wall of the shower there is a round cap below the taps which gives access to the lines to the taps,make sure all these connections are tight,a lot of people have had them leak.Next check to ensure the drain at the bottom of the shower is tight,all connections, you will need to access the compartment behind the basement wall,make sure the p trap is securely installed and tight on the drain pipe,I have seen this leak,looks good visually but leaks when water drains,also look to see if you do not have a hair line crack in the shower stall lining around the floor drain,if it was over tightened it could be cracked,the liner is very thin.
Also try lying in the basement compartment and have someone spray the walls,taps etc in the shower,this may show you where the leak begins. Good luck.
Thanks for your reply. Ive taken the panel that hides the back of shower where the water lines go to shower controls, all dry there. They have taken apart the drain and put it pack together multiple times and doesnt leak there. My guess is that there is a hairline crack in the shower pan, i can run the water for hours and hours and no leak, but as soon as i get in the shower and now there is weight in there then it leaks. I bet the hairline crack pulls apart when weight is applied and not when the shower is empty. I told them the other day when i dropped it off to pull the whole shower insert out and replace it, or to call heartland and have them send someone to pick it up and take it back so they can deal with it.

Oregon_Camper

Have you called Heartland about the problem? Perhaps you can find another dealer to solve the problem. Clearly your CW can't.

Oregon_Camper

Not for this problem because i had no luck with the other problems. I will tomorrow though

Just have your VIN number...they will need it.

I found Heartland very helpful when I called them looking for the plumbing diagram for all my tanks (grey/black).

danemayer

Hi Scott_Joanna,

The classic problem with warranty and extended warranty is when the servicer gets paid but the repair doesn't fix the problem. No company wants to pay twice for the same problem. And many servicers are reluctant to work on a problem even a 2nd time without additional payment, much less a third or fourth time.

Unless the CW service manager is committed to fixing the problem without additional payment, you may have to turn elsewhere at your own expense. Depending on what shower you have, replacement could be difficult. If you're sure it's cracked, you might look into alternative repair methods. Miracle Method or a similar approach might work. You'd have to ask them whether the stuff they use is strong enough, but it could be worth check out.

Hi Scott_Joanna,

The classic problem with warranty and extended warranty is when the servicer gets paid but the repair doesn't fix the problem. No company wants to pay twice for the same problem. And many servicers are reluctant to work on a problem even a 2nd time without additional payment, much less a third or fourth time.

Unless the CW service manager is committed to fixing the problem without additional payment, you may have to turn elsewhere at your own expense. Depending on what shower you have, replacement could be difficult. If you're sure it's cracked, you might look into alternative repair methods. Miracle Method or a similar approach might work. You'd have to ask them whether the stuff they use is strong enough, but it could be worth check out.
Lucky for me that last yr i paid out of pocket for the fix, since it hasnt been fixed Camping World is dedicated to fix the issue. That is the only reason why i keep taking it back there because they dont charge me. Im looking online right now and a new shower insert and pan is only $123 to $190. **** i will tell them that i will pay for the part if they just put it in.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sears.com/devkon-devcon-...pvojY4WsFiLjQzFv7mGv8aAkht8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I wonder if i should just try coating the whole shower pan with this since its only $16. Then if that fixes the problem either i can leave it alone or go and spend $180 for a new shower pan. I feel like i would rather try this first instead of replacing the pan and it not be the problem.

danemayer

Lucky for me that last yr i paid out of pocket for the fix, since it hasnt been fixed Camping World is dedicated to fix the issue. That is the only reason why i keep taking it back there because they dont charge me. Im looking online right now and a new shower insert and pan is only $123 to $190. **** i will tell them that i will pay for the part if they just put it in.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sears.com/devkon-devcon-...pvojY4WsFiLjQzFv7mGv8aAkht8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I wonder if i should just try coating the whole shower pan with this since its only $16. Then if that fixes the problem either i can leave it alone or go and spend $180 for a new shower pan. I feel like i would rather try this first instead of replacing the pan and it not be the problem.
You might need to check on the coverage you get for $16. Reviews on Amazon suggest it works well to fix cracks and holds up well, but the patch is noticeable.

You might need to check on the coverage you get for $16. Reviews on Amazon suggest it works well to fix cracks and holds up well, but the patch is noticeable.
since i dont know where the crack is, i need something to coat the whole pan. Im temped to line the pan with plastic and cover the drain too. jump in for a super quick shower to see if i can narrow it down to the drain and pan. Then that would eliminate any plumbing if it doesnt leak.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Is your shower pan flat on the floor or raised?

We have basically the same shower in our Prowler that we had in our Trail Runner, except that the shower pan was raised off of the floor in the Trail Runner where it is flush to the floor in the Prowler.

We had lots of floor flex in the Trail Runner until I fitted some pieces of 2x4's around the shower drain and we made sure to stand where the braces were placed under the shower pan.

Go-Fly

I just went through this. Mine was, sometimes there would be water on the floor of the closet behind the shower and sometimes not. Bought the 5th March 2016, just got it fixed last month. Long story short, we packed paper towels around the shower faucet through the maintenance hole below it. Dry all day but, found it wet one day after taking a shower. The mixing crossover had a crack in it and only leaked when you stood in the right place while taking a shower. They replaced the faucet and all is dry. Now if I could get my jacks to stop leaking. Took 7 months to replace the first one and have the second one starting to show oil on the foot.:(

Is your shower pan flat on the floor or raised?

We have basically the same shower in our Prowler that we had in our Trail Runner, except that the shower pan was raised off of the floor in the Trail Runner where it is flush to the floor in the Prowler.

We had lots of floor flex in the Trail Runner until I fitted some pieces of 2x4's around the shower drain and we made sure to stand where the braces were placed under the shower pan.
Its raised about 5in off the floor. There is flex on the pan when inside the shower, camping world said that they put more support under it the first time because there hardly was any.

- - - Updated - - -

I just went through this. Mine was, sometimes there would be water on the floor of the closet behind the shower and sometimes not. Bought the 5th March 2016, just got it fixed last month. Long story short, we packed paper towels around the shower faucet through the maintenance hole below it. Dry all day but, found it wet one day after taking a shower. The mixing crossover had a crack in it and only leaked when you stood in the right place while taking a shower. They replaced the faucet and all is dry. Now if I could get my jacks to stop leaking. Took 7 months to replace the first one and have the second one starting to show oil on the foot.:(
That would make sense because they said the last time that it was leaking behind the insert where the mixer is. I wondered if it was leaking there this time and so after i took a shower i took the panel off and it was dry in there.

jhardin

I had a leak also and mine was the mixer valve. Ordered one off amazon I think.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our leak was a hairline crack of the faucet behind the wall. Only leaked when we were taking a shower. Way we found it was by opening the round disc as the shower was running, finding the water spraying thru the crack and down the wall into the bedroom and basement below. Bought another faucet and changed it out ourselves. Didn't have a problem after that.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We have a 2014 Cyclone 4000 that we fulltime in. It developed hairline cracks in the tub/shower. We contacted Heartland and the put us in touch with a commercial tub repair company in our area. They looked at the tub and determined that the tub needed to be supported underneath before they could repair it, or the repair would not last. I wanted the tub replaced but Heartland stated no the tub was put in and the walls built around it. Long story short Camping World attempted to support the tub but it did not work and the cracks got worst. We ended up taking our 5er ourself back to Elkhart from Texas this last year and Heartland had the tub supported and refinished by the tub manufacturer in Elkhart, IN. I recommend to contact Heartland and stay on top of it. Camping World the last time I took it in when the cracks worsen advised me "we don't believe we can fix it to you satisfaction, call Heartland". I done doing business with Camping World.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Howdy!

We have a 2014 Cyclone 4000 that we fulltime in. It developed hairline cracks in the tub/shower. We contacted Heartland and the put us in touch with a commercial tub repair company in our area. They looked at the tub and determined that the tub needed to be supported underneath before they could repair it, or the repair would not last. I wanted the tub replaced but Heartland stated no the tub was put in and the walls built around it. Long story short Camping World attempted to support the tub but it did not work and the cracks got worst. We ended up taking our 5er ourself back to Elkhart from Texas this last year and Heartland had the tub supported and refinished by the tub manufacturer in Elkhart, IN. I recommend to contact Heartland and stay on top of it. Camping World the last time I took it in when the cracks worsen advised me "we don't believe we can fix it to you satisfaction, call Heartland". I done doing business with Camping World.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Sounds like my problem. Camping world said that they put support under the shower pan because there wasn't any. I wonder if they really did it??? I'm waiting on. Smoking world to tell me the same thing as they told you, basically to get lost. Literally they are sick of seeing my coach being in and out for the last 20 months. Did heartland make you pay for the repairs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefneon

Sounds like my problem. Camping world said that they put support under the shower pan because there wasn't any. I wonder if they really did it??? I'm waiting on. Smoking world to tell me the same thing as they told you, basically to get lost. Literally they are sick of seeing my coach being in and out for the last 20 months. Did heartland make you pay for the repairs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howdy!

Camping World did point out to me the area under the shower is completely void of flooring when the attempted to place supports under it. That did not work as stated and only got worse. By this time I was already out of warranty but the problem had been documented with Heartland. I agreed to take our 5er to Elkhart and Heartland arranged for Enterprise RV to do the repairs and the tub/shower manufacturer sent a person out to do the repairable also. The only cost to us was the trip to Elkhart nothing for repairs. We're fulltimers so for us it was just and another adventure.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon