Shwintek motor identification

MP_CS

Hello everyone, got the Sundance out of storage yesterday. Everything worked as it should except for the bedroom slide. One side wouldn’t come out of the wardrobe slide. After troubleshooting I determined the motor on the right side was shot. I removed motor and it was all corroded and rusty. My problem is when i search online there are multiple different ones available, seems to be different ratio’s or torque choices. The motor i took out has no markings i can cross to anything. Am i going to have to call Heartland or does someone know how to identify the current motor. Thanks

wdk450

My response would be that you have to call Heartland Service on Monday, and have your VIN number at hand. Post back any info you get for the next Heartland owner with this problem.

On edit: The manual on the Shwintek slideout in the manuals section of this website lists the manufacturer as "Lippert Schwintek". Searching that name I got multiple hits for the Lippert 236575 motor. Lowest price $89.99 on E-Bay. There was also a "High Torque" motor listed a few times, which visually seemed to have the same profile and same electrical connector. I wonder if Lippert found the original motor to be insufficient in torque, and so came out with the high torque version. The 236575 motor on the Lipper online parts catalogue had a price of $219.

You may want to skip Heartland, and call Lippert directly ‪866-524-7821‬ (again have your VIN number), and get the part number from them, then buy it somewhere else. The 100% markup on parts from Lippert is galling.

MP_CS

Lippert might be my best bet then. I just want to make sure i get the correct one. If a replacement can be had for $100 or under i will likely replace both as i dont really want to run into this problem with the opposite side, that’s usually my luck. I can clearly see that the bad motor is corroded and im sure the other side is probably also.

wdk450

Lippert might be my best bet then. I just want to make sure i get the correct one. If a replacement can be had for $100 or under i will likely replace both as i dont really want to run into this problem with the opposite side, that’s usually my luck. I can clearly see that the bad motor is corroded and im sure the other side is probably also.

If the old motor is corroded, you may want to treat the new motor case as was done for the rear stabilizers feet motor, which is not protected at all from road spray. Klauber motors put a thick flexible thermoplastic sealant over the motor up to the reducing gearing (silver ) section. You could simply wrap the motor section of your gearmotor assembly with electrical (or Gorilla) tape, or use this Plasti Dip product in liquid or spray: https://plastidip.com/our-products/liquid-tape/

MP_CS

Lippert gave me the part #236575 300:1 ratio motors. I purchased two new ones on Ebay and will then keep the one good one i have left over for a spare. I attached a photo of the old ones in case anyone else has the same ones.

Attachments

• 222DCEB2-F6A0-41FD-AC5C-1064E8901AC2.jpg
    222DCEB2-F6A0-41FD-AC5C-1064E8901AC2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 25