simple survey -Travel with Refrigator On?

ghosst666

Re: simple survey

always on when traveling ,,not so much when stored ,,but fridge doors opened with the attached plastic thingys dometic gives to keep doors open ..if you run your propane all the time ,as in stored also ,make sure your batteries are up to the task also ..fridge wont run without power to the circuits.. just my humble three cents worth

evolvingpowercat

I as answering the original thread poster's question. " Travel with refrigerator on? "Always on - with propane -- when traveling.

Agree with last poster: Off when long term stored, with propane tank valves off and refrig door blocked open. No reason to run fridge and waste propane and electricity when there is nothing in it while the camper is stored long term. For short term storage and want to keep the fridge cold on propane, I can go about a week without anything charging the batteries if not connected to shore power and do not have a solar battery charger hooked up.

DonnyB007

I always made sure the propane main valve was closed before travel. I didn't realize there was a safety feature built in that would automatically shut off the propane if a line ruptured. In my current 2012 manual it still says to shut off the propane before travel. I have never had a problem with the fridge not being cool while I was in transit, but I never travel more than about 6 hours in a day. I may just start travelling with the valve on as well now.