Skid marks on bottom of Bedroom Slide

Has anyone ever had two perfectly centered skid marks on the bottom visqueen portion of any of their slides running front to back? Particularily the front bedroom slide of a fifth wheel. They appear to be like someone set the visqueen down on the ground and skidded tires across them. Does anyone have any theories on this? I know I didn't do that. It was there on the coach when we bought it.

Attachments

• 100_0755.jpg
    100_0755.jpg
    658.9 KB · Views: 138

jnbhobe

Looks like the rollers from the bedroom slide I have the same marks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had this as well, and I asked HL about it. In our case, one roller was digging into the wood somehow. They made adjustments to the slide and said it should be OK now, the slide room had an unbalanced load. There is a product, a tape, that resembles that fabric, and they applied the tape over the torn area.

Erika

TravelTiger

yes, these are "roller marks". If you bend down the black seal, you may be able to see or feel the roller.

So this is a question for all of you with these roller marks.....did you find dry rot in your slide as a result of the excess wear from your slide not being properly adjusted and causing these wear marks therefore allowing water and moisture to come through the small holes caused by this excess wear?

TravelTiger

No issues here, other than I stated before.

I would take extensive pictures and contact Heartland if you have concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
So, you looked behind that rubber wipe seal and a roller does not line up with that mark??? It sure looks like a roller mark from here.
I had a roller doing damage to the bottom of one of my slides. I fixed it by cutting a piece of galvanized duct a couple of inches wider than the roller. I then raised the slide up a bit and slide the piece in. I then secured it with a few short screws. Being careful that the screws are outside the roller track.

Peace
Dave

ParkIt

cookie, do you have any pictures of where you put the screws and I'm assuming you rant the tape the length of the slide? Mine is doing the same and on its 3rd move (78 freeway miles) it tore the outside flange but with a level its level, not lopsided or in need of adjustment. Kind of baffled by it and we aren't close to any dealership or repair shop that will honor warranty work.

Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ask and yea shall receive.
You can see where the roller rides.
I have more pics of the project if you desire.

Peace
Dave
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365113364729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365113364729.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 53