Slide adjustment

mallard29s

Does anyone know how to adjust a slideout so the top fits tight against the seal? Our back slide seals tight, but the front slide top is out about 1 1/2" I see underneath that there are 3 different vertical bolts with jam nuts on them. I am wondering if I run each of these up if it will push the top in?? Thanks

jnbhobe

Slide adjustments are fairly easy. Has it been this way or did it just happen? Don't just start turning bolts make sure there is nothing under the slide holding it up. Then move the bolts evenly a little at a time then run the slide in and out to see what changed and then do it again till it right.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a link to the adjustment procedure.
If that is not the correct slide mechanism, more can be found under "Tools" at the top of the page.
Click on "Tools" then click on "Home - Heartland Owners Manuals".
Click on "Slide Outs" then follow the tree.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
My BH only has 2 "feet" at the outside edge of the slide. That is how you move the slide up to close the gap at the top A little movement at the bolts moves the slide alot. So move them a little at a time. The vertical bolts is for adjusting up and down.

Last edited:

wdk450

I just finished a short adjustment on my kitchen slide, which was going out too far on one end when extended causing the inside lip on that end to go out off of the floor roller. The hydraulics would pull the slide in before the adjustment, but it strained some and then there was a "pop" as the corner bottom climbed over the floor roller.

I measured from the trailer wall to the slide end facing on both ends of the slide with the slide out and found the end with the problem (front end) was 1 - 1/4 inch farther out than the rear end of the slide at the same measurement point. To adjust this, I got out my bottle jack, wood cribbing and a 2X4 a little shorter than the distance from the top of the jack to the outside bottom of the rear slide toothed rack. I jacked the toothed rack up some to take pressure off of the synchronizing gear it rides on. Then I removed the nut and bolt on one end of the synchronizing gear support bracket to allow the gear to pop down below meshing with the toothed rack. I could now turn the square synchronizing gears connector bar with a pipe wrench moving the forward end of the slide in that 1 - 1/4 inch until both ends of the slide measured an equal distance from the trailer side wall. I got the rear synchronizing gear back up into contact with the toothed rack, and put the securing bolt back into place. The slide works normally now, and is sealed tight on both ends when it is closed.