Slide does not extend the same on both sides (Problem Found)

Lobovista

I have an Lippert electric slide out that has been a pain from new. It is now extending unevenly. The drive side extends and seals tight but the other side lacks an inch or so to fully seal. I can hit that side with my shoulder and it will close a little but is still out more than the drive side. Both sides seem to retract tight. The slide also creaks, grones and jumps as it goes in and out. Is there an adjustment I can make to solve this.

danemayer

Re: Slide does not extend the same on both sides

If it's a living room or kitchen slide and hydraulic, check the rack and gear under the slide, and the bar that runs the length of the slide. It could be a gear with missing teeth, or some other misalignment. When you operate a hydraulic slide, the ram pushes one end and the rack, gear, bar drive the other end.

Attachments

• DSC04571.jpg
    DSC04571.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 50

JimHamlin

I have an Lippert electric slide out that has been a pain from new. It is now extending unevenly. The drive side extends and seals tight but the other side lacks an inch or so to fully seal. I can hit that side with my shoulder and it will close a little but is still out more than the drive side. Both sides seem to retract tight. The slide also creaks, grones and jumps as it goes in and out. Is there an adjustment I can make to solve this.

I agree with the previous comment. If you haven't already, you should check the 2 driving gears and the connecting shaft under the floor. In my case, I had 2 teeth missing from the front gear (they're called "gear packs"). This shouldn't happen, because the pins connecting each end of the driving shaft are supposed to break before any harm comes to the gears. Neither of these pins broke, as they should have. In my case, the problem was caused by a floor particle that had broken off at the rear end of the slide, causing it to stick in the full open position when I tried to close the slide. I noticed too late that the front of the slide was closing but the rear wasn't moving! I replaced the gears and removed the wood particle from the corner of the slide and all worked well. Now I have to address how to do a permanent repair to some dry rot, which was at the root of the problem. I would also inspect the points of adjustment underneath, found near the outside of the slide. Look for evidence of loose adjustment screws or bolts, which could cause the problem you describe. Especially if the slide is aligned ok when closed, but not when open or vise versa. Best of luck to you, and please let me know what you find . . .

Lobovista

Turns out the bolt that connects the drive shaft from the driven side to the slave side was falling out and allowing the shaft to slip. It finally fell completely out and the slave side would not move at all. Replaced the bolt, sprayed silicon on gears and racks and all is working good now. My slide is electric not hydraulic.

tlassen

Love it when simple works

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk