Slide Dropped ?

jhardin

Have pics attached. Looking from the outside the rubber seal is torn and you can see through into camper. I have the L shape counter and looking down at the corner next to that oven, it looks as if the slid fell down, popped up the wood and started pushin out the trim beside the oven. My wife was letting out the slide everything was going fine and when it reached its stopping point she heard wood break.
All other rollers on slide look fine. Since the rubber seal is worn on the outside, do you think maybe the one roller has worked itself loose and slid back? Open for suggestions, we're not but about 1200 miles from home..
Thanks in advance,
Jerry

Attachments

• 20170903_202001.jpg
    20170903_202001.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 112
  • 20170903_202024.jpg
    20170903_202024.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20170903_202224.jpg
    20170903_202224.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 20170903_202233.jpg
    20170903_202233.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 88

ram22

Call Heartland in morning and ask to speak with Technician. I did from KOA 600 miles from home last spring. He talked me through a manual retraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The picture that shows you holding the seal looks normal.
There are rollers attached to the slide and rollers that are attached to the floor.
I have seen an instance where the slide went out too far and the slide went off the roller and dropped down. So be sure to inspect all the rollers.
In that case it was a matter of a slide adjustment.
Also take a look under that seal and be sure that some sort of 1x2 did not fall off the cabinets and jam up in there.
Oh, on a side note you should consider putting something like sheet metal on the bottom of the slide where all the protective covering is missing. I have pics of my repair.

Peace
Dave

jhardin

*****UPDATE*****
I had to investagate a little further (wife upset..you know, Happy Wife, Happy Life). The rubber seal has been catching and causing the rubber to slide on top of roller as finally pulled it into. On the inside... everything is normal except for the broken wood beside cabinet. What happen the drawer was shut, but not locked shut, so when the slide was closed or open the handle broke the wood going down beside the oven. It is a L shape so I think I can fix no proplem. However, I can see the rollers are attached to the floor. It was more or less an optical illusion the way I was looking at it. Now i need to fix bottom of slide to keep rubbe seal from catching. Hope to get idea from Dave on that one.
Thanks for the input.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I cut some galvanized sheet metal strips, caulked them and screwed them. I lifted the slide a bit to get it off the rollers.
You can see in the picture where the roller rides.
I have done two on that slide and I see that I need to do one more.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365113364729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365113364729.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 96