Slide leak from floor up

VTX1800

Has anyone else had a problem with the floor slides leaking from the bottom of the slide? I have a Cyclone 4012, which have found that the slide is leaking from water running down the side of the slide to bottom of fiberglass. The problem is that the fiberglass side doesn't hang below the wood subflooring , so when the water comes to the bottom of the fiberglass, it tracks back to the wood sub-flooring. My unit is just over two years old, and we now noticed because the carpet at the edge of the slide close to the middle became wet, finally wet enough to come all the way under the couch. When I call Heartland, of course now out of warranty, there's no coverage. Something that doesn't happen in a few camping trips, but over a matter of time finally soaked through sub-flooring. Heartland has now installed a trim piece over the wood flooring on new trailers, so they must have realized this was a problem. My beef is that it is now costing me thousands to repair, after paying over 65K for a rig of QUALITY. My 15 year old trailer never had issues like this and of course all my buddies laugh at me now for the money I spent on the trailer and having to dump thousands more into fixing it. Not good customer service at all. Needless to say none of my friends are now buying Heartland products.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Put some pictures up..

2011-06-11 19.27.391.jpg 2011-06-11 19.05.361.jpg 2011-06-11 19.28.111.jpg

I got 5 gallons of marine epoxy and filler headed my way...and I'll get this mess fixed. I'm going to epoxy coat everything I can get my brush on. On the plywood that is not too screwed, I'll drill holes on end and fill gaps with a syringe. The feed and grain stores around here sell some needles that will be perfect for the job.

I've been reading here the same problems occurring model year after model year. I'm going to remove every second class piece equipment installed by Heartland, from axles to landing gear and install stuff without plastic gears, under fused, under sized and overrated. Tires, axles, jacks, whatever, is gonna go. There is no reason for this thing to rot, rust and quit working while it's sitting static. There have been problems with this turkey since the day I got it.

There's no reason for the twisted axles, separating floors, leaking PEX, all the problems with the slides..and let's not forget about the "China Bombs".

So, before the forum warriors start out beating on their shields...and I know you will...save it. I've seen it all before. I'm glad your super-whiz, golly-gee has never had a problem...but, mine has and too many to justify it as a few bad eggs.

I had a 32 year old Airstream that didn't have 1/2 of the problems that this thing has had. And 85% of the original equipment on it still worked. I wish I could have kept it. But, it was too small for a wheel chair.

Yep, this fine piece of Indiana manufacturing has been an education.

tmcran

Lefty over what length of time did this happen. I had major leak in front bedroom slide ....dam was not installed correctly from factory. I did get the pieces from HL for the bottom and metal edges to hopefully prevent what happened to you. I traded my 1999 Prowler in on my Sundance. I had the Sundance in the shop more in the first 3 months than I had the Prowler the whole time I owned it. What gets me are number of newer HL products having the same QC problems. Good luck. A shame you have to rebuild you RV.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
It happened over a two year period. Aluminium "L" bracket will be put in around the entire trailer to cover the rest oif the end pieces. At least it happened in the summer...I can get it fixed myself. Look for the one legged guy on a mechanics "creeper".