Slide leaks when it rains

The corner of our slide leaks when it rains outside. It leaks a lot of water into the carpet under our dining area benches. We looked under the slide and the plastic frame (?) isn't completely touching or sealed to the underside of the slide in all places. Should it be? Is there anything we should check or look for? We would also love any suggestions on possible solutions.

Thanks!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
For a short time solution, try setting up just a hair off level so the water on top of the slide will run toward the outer edge. Not a permanent solution, but may help until you can get a dealer to look at it. Sometimes these are just minor slide adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CactusTwo

Water does NOT run uphill, so on the next sunny day get a water hose and put on a spray handle to simulate rain, start at the bottom of slide and work your way up along the leaking side slowly until it leaks inside again. I specified SLOWLY and from the BOTTOM up, like lawn chair and drink slow. It could be the top rubber at the corner, 2 drinks later

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Also make sure all of the rubber on the slides is facing outward and not flipped under.

AnnR

I second Jim's suggestion - check the rubber seal around the slide. Our carpet was wet in the corner of the slide the first time we camped in it - turned out the corner of the rubber seal (which is like a little flap) on top of the slide had gotten tucked into the trailer and didn't come out when the slide was put out. Easy fix - we were able to just flip it out with our fingers. Now every time we put the slides out we eyeball the seals to make sure they are out all the way around. I hope your solution is this easy. Good luck!

Porkchop

just got it back from the dealer with same issue.

They just adjusted the slide and when we got to our destination, and opened the slide, the carpet was extremely wet. Just now in a rain storm, the rain was coming from under the carpet and soaked the carpet runner we have from the front door. I guess we have to bring it back again if the rubber piece isn't flipped the wrong way? The carpet is soaked.

We looked and found that there were gaps in the caulking on the outside of the slide. We put on caulk in and around the gaps and it seems to have solved the problem. We got through a rain storm and the carpet remained dry. Thanks for all the suggestions!