Slide not working but motor is

ccrider

I have a 13 torque 301 with cables on this slide. It moves the couch. It just stopped working all of a sudden. Im asssuming there is a shaft that broke cause the motor turns the gearbox? They look like they are seperated. I see the motor spinning when i press the switch to put the slide out. Its just not going anywhere. I know the chain has some slack too. Ill adjust that. But, what would i need to order? Im pretty good mechanically. By the way, Im not a heavy guy. Can you lie on top of the slide, or is this a no no . Its inside and not in the out position. Thats where its stuck right now. Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0373 (1).jpg
    IMAG0373 (1).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 65

Garypowell

I don't know enough to be dangerous but I'll get this started. My guess is you might have pulled the "pulley" (for lack of a better term....maybe sprocket" loose from its attach point. If that is the case you have to reinforce and reattach.

I am am always careful on my bedroom cable slide to let go of the switch as soon as I hear the room touch in either direction.

wrgrs50s

There may be a shear pin in the shaft of the sprocket brocken if all else turns but not the sprocket.

ccrider

There may be a shear pin in the shaft of the sprocket brocken if all else turns but not the sprocket.

Yeah. U guys nailed it according to the dealer and what I told them over the phone. They still want me to send them a pic. I have a trip coming this weekend and can't manually crank it out now either I guess.. I looked at my bedroom slide that is the same setup and I see how to crank it out. but since the gearbox isn't connected to the motor, I'm stuck without the slide, right? Are all the cables under tension or can i unscrew the motor from the wall for repair?

wrgrs50s

Are all the cables under tension or can i unscrew the motor from the wall for repair?

I've never taken mine apart, but looking at the picture you posted you will need to loosen the chains before removing the motor and gearbox. Keep us posted as to how it comes apart and what you find.

ccrider

Well, I replaced the shaft key/ whatever its called. I am inclkuding a pic of what it looks like. This is a poor design. I cant believe they use parts like this on rvs that cost so much.the piece is about 2" x 1/16" Its flexible and i can see it happening again. old one was shredded. the strands were all over the place. I told the dealer to order me more cause i didnt want to be stranded somewhere with a broken slide. The worst part is the slide cant be manually cranked (when this piece breaks) cause the gearbox is connected to the motor. This shaft turns in between them. So, the only way you can manually crank the slide out is if the motor went and that shaft was still good! This living room slide i had to climb on top of to get to the motor. My bedroom slide isnt bad cause you can just stand there and work on it. The process isnt hard. Its just the prinipal of it. Youd think they would use some beefier parts. Youre moving a room out! Its a good thing Im pretty good at fixing things like this. I can see this being a huge problem for lots of folks (especially older ones). I had to overnight the $3 part which made it a $30 part just to get me going again cause i have a trip this weekend! The rv is a 2013. I will help anyway i can if someone has the same issue and needs it. Its a norco BAL accuslide. Im new to rvs and learning but ill figure it out. Im still fine tuning the cables. Slide is off by about 1/4- 1/2 " (not out the same amount on all 4 corners). IMAG0390.jpg

I've never taken mine apart, but looking at the picture you posted you will need to loosen the chains before removing the motor and gearbox. Keep us posted as to how it comes apart and what you find.

danemayer

I don't the key failures are very common. Maybe there's a bind somewhere.

Do you have slide toppers?

ccrider

No i dont have toppers and i always make sure there isnt heavy debris on top of the slides. There could have been a bind or something with that slide, IDK. I do remember there were times the motor was making noise when you werent even touching the switch. I have no clue what that was all about. Maybe it had something to do with the problem. The motor seems to be ok though now. Its as if someone was pressing the switch in short bursts to put the slide out. I hope its not common. I do see one member at the bottom that had the same issue though. If you look down at the botoom of the web page where the similar threads are

I don't the key failures are very common. Maybe there's a bind somewhere.

Do you have slide toppers?

Roller4tan

Could be switch going bad, making intermittent contact on it's own. With the slide already out, that would tear up the weakest link in the system, which is probably that keyway. I would replace the switch and see if the motor sound goes away. Might save you from climbing up there again.