Slide Out Adjustment - Sundance

ncc1701e

Model: 2013 Sundance 3310CL

Issue: The kitchen slide when fully open does not sit or rest on the lower nylon wear strip. The entire slide (16ft) is up approximately 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch.

I have had the coach to two (2) different dealers locally with no resolution. The first pretty much raped me charging a fortune claiming he had fixed the issue. What a pack of lies that was. Today we took the unit to another dealer who did find a piece of one of the seals wrapped around a roller. But removing that did not allow the room to return to a position that seals properly when the room extends.

The room moves in and out smoothly. I can detect no jerking or see any indication of something broke. No scrapes or wear marks on the underside or on flooring inside the coach.

I have downloaded the Lippert manuals for this slide room. It does not give a real clear picture of what the adjustments will correct and does not say if the vertical adjustment would correct my issue.

The service guy today was honest enough to suggest taking it back to the factory for repairs suggesting the entire room may have to come out of the coach. He said he just did not know if he could adjust the room to seal.

I will be calling Heartland service tomorrow but though I might also seek help from the real panel of Heartland experts.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Are saying that you can see light from outside with the slide out?? Are your slides electric or hydrolic (sp)??

ncc1701e

Slides are electric. If you lay on the floor you can see daylight coming from the outside.

Just finished using a bore scope checking full length of the slide. Nothing under it and nothing appears to be unusual. The entire room is just raised. Been on the phone with both Heartland and Lippert, both say it should adjust if nothing foreign is under the slide.

It is obvious from the rust showing on the end of the arms that something has moved fairly a good bit.

Lippert helped me download the correct manual for this coach. What I could not get out of the guy is where to start. Ground zero, do not want to make it worse. Has to be a basic position to put the slide in as a reference.