Slide out leaking,. Lots of rain coming.

ENG2242

I have two hydraulic slides in the kitchen and living area. Woke up this morning to h2o everywhere. The slide out leaking has a bow in the center and the water is dripping directly in the center. Slide out awning is not helping. I work night's and thank God I was off, as to wake up early on and catch this before she flooded. I have the both slides pulled in as they operate simotaneously on hydraulic. Suggestions??
Thank you,
David Hartmann
314 532 0919

CDN

B and B
I have two hydraulic slides in the kitchen and living area. Woke up this morning to h2o everywhere. The slide out leaking has a bow in the center and the water is dripping directly in the center. Slide out awning is not helping. I work night's and thank God I was off, as to wake up early on and catch this before she flooded. I have the both slides pulled in as they operate simotaneously on hydraulic. Suggestions??
Thank you,
David Hartmann
314 532 0919

Hello

Depending on size of slide there was a bladder style gasket used on the Bighorn slides. At goshen rally I learned My 2017 had this style and my neighbours 2017 did not. He had water leaking in the middle. His Bighorn was being returned to the factory for slide repair and rebuild due to leaking.
Yours is a 2018 so maybe go off level so the water runs off. Set the front high as interim measure to make sure until you can get some warranty work done if still in warranty. The beach ball or pool noodle under the topper might help too.

Brian

Gary521

There is a problem with the way that the slide roofs are applied. The roof membrane is NOT sealed where it meets the inside edge of the slide. In fact, there is a large gap there for the water to enter. Heartland relies on the top wiper seal to keep water out. Well, obviously this does not work all the time. ( The problem gets worse if you have a sag in the roof ) This gap must be sealed or water will get in from time to time. From the fully open position, close the slide about a foot or so. From the inside of the trailer, climb up on a small ladder or stool so you can see the roof. You will see this gap where the slide roof meets the inside fascia. Fill this gap with Dicor or some other roof sealant. I had to do this with mine after a water leak. After doing this, I have no more leaks in the slides.

ENG2242

Thanks for your reponse guy's. I had already jumped on it and had done as you directed. Problem: The center roof of the slide-out bows down. The bladder seal on top had an approx. 6 inch run where it was not secure firmly to the slide-out roof. Temporary fix: Ran a bead of silicone to temp seal the gap. Keeping the slide outs retracted till this monsoon stops. Master RV tech will be here Monday to further assess and repair.
You immediate help is much appreciated!!
David

Last edited:

Gary521

I have a slight bow in my slide roof too. With the slide fully open, this gap in the roof material is only a couple inches from the outside. I am not sure that silicone is the best to fill this gap. While it will fill a gap it is not the best sealant for a rubber roof and not recommended by roof manufacturer. The self leveling Dicor ( or equivalent ) will fill the gap and seal well to the inside facia and the rubber roof. With the gap sealed, there is no place for the water to get in. No need for Master RV tech. Dicor sealant or equivalent can be purchased at any RV store or on line.

I was in a huge downpour last week on a trip. No leaks.