Slide out moving out on its own while in storage

BandK

Picked up our Elkridge from storage a few weeks ago and found the bedroom slide almost all of the way out and the Kitchen was part way out. The batteries were not connected. Is this normal from sitting?

danemayer

Hi BandK,

It's not normal. When you extend or retract the slides, valves to the target device(s) open and hydraulic fluid is pumped in or out. If the device moved without the pump operating, the valve(s) must be stuck open allowing fluid to move.

One possibility: the trombetta that's attached to the hydraulic pump probably has emergency override valves. One or more may be partially open.

The Lippert 071 service bulletin shows a picture of one type of override. Yours could look different.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
No it is not normal from sitting.
There could be one or more problems. Probably one.
Look around for a hydraulic leak.
If no leaks are found you may have an internal leak in one of the slide hydraulic cylinders.
HERE IS A LINK for hydraulic cylinder testing.

Peace
Dave

BandK

Thank you all, It will be going 'back' to the dealer tomorrow. I guess it was wishful thinking that we finally had all of the bugs worked out

caissiel

It's just starts.
The design in my opinion has been wrong from the start.
No way should the level systems should be on the same hydraulic system as the slides.
Anyone that has any industrial hydraulic experience would surely agree. When under constant pressure and very little use the system will fail. And it's not if but when and eventually someone will get hurt.
I have been saying this for 4 years now.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

BandK

Update:
After 16 days at the dealer, finally get a call saying that they have auth. to replace pump and kitchen cyl. However, they would have to remove the belly pan to get the s/n from the cylinder because HL does not know what cyl. they put on the coach! That would mean at least another two weeks without! After having it for 16 days they are telling me this! Ok, maintain composure... Was given option to take over weekend. I did, got out a mirror and flashlight and found the s/n. Emailed that to dealer along with pictures of cyl. Then get a reply from dealer saying that they need more info! Now I'm really through the roof. I ask exactly what do they need? Then the reply is "we should have enough information at this time"! Anyway, hopefully parts are ordered! This is the season, can not have the rig sitting in the dealers parking lot waiting.... Glad I have a strong ticker because they sure stressed it the past few weeks!

caissiel

Can't see why cylinder has anything to do with it. Oil moves the cylinder that may leak through the piston seals but this oil gets its pressure from the landing cylinder through the failed $.050 seal at the solenoid valve.
They just don't want to admit the problem. So they need to change the expensive parts.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk