slide out question

firemailwv

today, while unloading the BC from our vacation, I noticed that the street side slide out in the bunkroom was not flush against the wall at the top. When I inspected a little closer, the slide rocks in and out if you push at the top. The curbside slide is the same way, but not as bad. Both slides are tight at the bottom. I checked the main slide and it is tight at the top and the bottom.

Have any of you had this problem or is it even a problem? I can't believe this would be the way they are supposed to be though. I now question if this has something to with with how warm it got in the bunkroom last week at the beach.

Once again, thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Jon

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
Interesting. I was 303 my seals and found the same thing. My living room slide you can move the top in and out a lilttle and it`s tight at the bottom my other 2 slide are tight and can`t move. This is the first time I can remembering that slide being like that .Hmmm

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Can you feel around up on top of the slide? Check to see if the seals are making contact. They don't have to be completely squashed, but maybe 50% compressed. Unless there is no contact, then the slide should be good. If you feel you would like to adjust the slide, go to "Tools" at the top of this page and then click on "Heartland Owners Manuals". From there you will be able to click on "Slideouts". You will find a manual there with adjustment instructions.
Hope this helps.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
To move the top of the slide "in" at the top. You have to adjust the slide up at the bottom. There are adjusting bolts at the end of the "square" tubing. Loosen the lock nut and turn the bolts to raise the slide. Do them evenly so the slide wont set crooked. Don't try to do it all at one time. Do it a little at a time. Then run the slide in and out and check the clearance. It does not take much to make a difference. I used the body side trim to the slide to level.

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
Interesting. I was 303 my seals and found the same thing. My living room slide you can move the top in and out a lilttle and it`s tight at the bottom my other 2 slide are tight and can`t move. This is the first time I can remembering that slide being like that .Hmmm

I just found this in Lippert site
Adjusting room so it seals in the OUT position​
1. Locate actuator coming through the frame.2. On the end of the actuator there is a threaded shaft mountedto the bracket with 3 nuts and a stop can.3. Move one of the 1” nuts (Jam Nut-2 or Nylock Nut) one wayor the other– this will change the location of your seal goingto the “out position”.4. Make sure all nuts are tight.​

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
When the slide is out . I need to move the top of the slide out or tight to the wall. When slide is in All four side are tight to the outside wall

firemailwv

i spoke to Heartland CS and they told me it was a maintenance issue in slides to have them adjusted and needed to take it to a dealer. I have never had any of my slides do this in the past and I have read the instructions on the lippert site to adjust it. I really don't want to take it to a dealer. Have any of you adjusted your slide before? How big of a job is it?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have adjusted mine. It is not a big job, but it can be time consuming to get it just the way you want it. I made my moves in small incraments, since I don't know what I am doing. You should have no probem if you follow the instructions on the Lippert site.

Peace
Dave

beardedone

Beardedone
I mentioned this on another thread but I had the same problem and after a lot of work the slideout awning was the culprit. The awning was too tight and the tech loosened it off in stages and then the top of slide closed properly. If I hadn't been there when it was done I would have had a hard time buying that but the proof is in the pudding!