Slide Out Seal Reset Strips


This may seem like a totally obvious question but I recently lost one of those thin black reset strips on the slide of the slide out that resets the slide out seal. Does anyone know what they are called and where I can get a replacement?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited:


Well-known member
Hi Turtlpwr,

I think they're called seal flippers and to get them you can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. You'll want the parts dep't.


Thanks for the quick response Dan! You're always such a great help. I tried The Google on a few different RV sites and couldn't find anything. Knew I would get the right answer in minutes on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Well-known member
All it is, is a piece of stick-on trim like a chrome moulding, The service crew at the 15 rally gave us enough to do two rigs


Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Have lost half of mine already on a 3 month old rig. First one didn't have any. No big deal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Moved on to the next thing...
I think someone mentioned in another topic about this awhile bake that this can be bought in roll form at Camping World and most service departments at RV dealerships.

I lost a bunch of those on our Prowler within the first couple months and the dealer replaced them under warranty, only to loose a few more since then.

I'm not sure that I will waste any time and money trying to get them to stick as our previous trailer didn't have them and I never really needed them on that rig.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Ours fell off after the third time we used the slides. I scraped the double sided tape off of them and reattached with gel super glue. Still have them all so far.