Slide room Ski's

johnf

Hi Guys
I read somewhere there is a modification for the slides where Nylon ski's are added to the slide bottom corners. Are these available for the Sundance 2900mk ? I want to remove the carpet and don't want to rip the vinyl when the slides come in.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If your slides are not on rollers, they probably already have the Teflon slide mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnf

No its not the Slickers I am looking for, they have mixed reviews when used on vinyl floors, I think they were designed to protect carpet.

What I need is a product called a SKI. It is used to rectify a design fault in slideroom floors on some 5th wheels , Sundance included. The bottom side of the living room slide uses a metal trim piece to cover where the vapor barrier meets the side wall. This metal trim allows water to wick up into the floor & sidewall causing moisture damage.

The skis are made of Nylon and designed to cover the bottom and side to seal the edge. The bottom, because it is Nylon, will slide over the vinyl floor preventing damage to the vinyl.

Screenshot_20190914-113841~2.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
You want two of these for the slide. This is the left or rear ski. I had to replace this one this summer. Call HL customer service

5b2f1d6ff3cb301226cc81ded3022359.jpg

johnf

Thankyou, that is exactly what I was looking for, are there part numbers I need to quote please ?

Regards
John

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Thankyou, that is exactly what I was looking for, are there part numbers I need to quote please ?

Regards
John

This for the left side (97457) so I’m sure HL customer service will know the corresponding right side part number

Item number
Description
Ship date
Quantity
Unit
Sales price
Discount percent
Discount
Amount
Cap - Slide Out Floor - 1 x 2 1/2 x 46 - Left - Bvl
7/10/2019
EA

johnf

I received my ski's today. I thought I saw some fitting instructions on the forum a couple of years ago but can't find them now. My main concern is the existing metal strips at the bottom of the slide, are they removed altogether when the ski's are installed?

jimcat

I received my ski's today. I thought I saw some fitting instructions on the forum a couple of years ago but can't find them now. My main concern is the existing metal strips at the bottom of the slide, are they removed altogether when the ski's are installed?
Have you installed them ? How are they working? I want to put them on ours.. as I noticed water getting underneath from the rain.. I see this is a preventative measure for that? easy install?