Slide toppers

Rcnewell11

Just checking if they have metal rap for slider topper awnings to protect material from tree branches damaging it .i didn't know if that is a option or came that way 2014 landmark savanna or 2015 landmark ashland.thanks Rob

brianharrison

Hello Rob,

My slide toppers awnings are not covered on my Landmark; I am not aware of any Heartland product with metal covering the slide topper tube. I believe the topper awnings are Dometic.

I am aware of the carefree of colorado brand topper (Carefree SideOut Kover III) that do have a metal cover option.

Hope this helps. Possibly others with more information will chime in here....

Brian

EDIT: Dometic does have a slide topper with metal cover --> Slide Topper Full Cover. As well it suggests a FC (Full Cover kit) can be purchased from a dealer (possibly Heartland) to cover an existing slide topper. Call your dealer or Heartland and they may be able to help.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Rob,

My slide topper awnings are not wrapped in the metal cover either, however my two patio awnings are covered on my Landmark.

Rod

danemayer

Rob,

I wouldn't want tree branches rubbing against the slide toppers whether they're covered or not. You might want to carry a tree pruner in the truck.

Rcnewell11

Thanks and I will ask Andy on build and see if that could be changed out during when it goes through factory or dealer installed.thanks rob