slide toppers

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Truknutt...that's one heck of an idea. We left the PVC contraption at our lot in Texas...to bulky to store and carry. That would work great for us on the road....easy to store when not in use...Thanks!!!

GaryA

I was thinking about installing one on my 2008 31QBS. The only problem I saw was the top fridge vent in the wall of the slide appears that it will interfere with the bracket for the slide topper. Anybody have a 31QBS with a slide topper?

lhetsler

Slide Awnings

I have had rv's with and without. They are a must with me. I hate climbing up on top to clean the slideouts. They also provide protection for your slide tops and less chance of rain leaks.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have always had them. Yes they do get noisy in a windstorm but I have see some in the RGV throw a rope over them to tie them down if needed. I have also seen a number of rigs with slide toppers that are ripped also. Oh well what's another insurance claim. LOL

Rickhansen

I was following this post a couple weeks ago and felt everyone had the pro's and con's covered pretty well. I didn't think I had anything much to add. I was re-reading tonight and came up with a point.

Another valuable benefit of slide-toppers. Decreased solar heat load.

The slide walls, floors, and ceiling have a lower R-Value than the rest of the roof and walls. Slide toppers provide shade over those roofs. I guess-timate that our 3670 has about 72 square feet of slide roof. That's almost 20% of the total roof square footage.

In the hot Florida sun, that can equate to a lot of A/C runtime. :cool: