Slide

I am new to this forum and have a 2009 Sundance 2900MK6. We love the RV and are pleased overall with the Heartland brand. I recently noticed that the bottom of the bedroom slide rides on two rollers. The OSB has cracked due to the weight on the rollers. Ian Roberts at Heartland said I will have to have the bedroom slide removed and the floor replaced. Has anyone else had this problem and what was the fix?

jimtoo

Hi jlandon3290,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

On many of the units the floor of the slide gets scratched or gouged by the roller due to the slide being heavy. There is a fix that Heartland has involves two plastic or nylon strips being glued to the bottom of the slide. Mine was repaired at the factory 3 years ago and is still doing fine. Now if your OSB has actually cracked, I don't know if that would help. But it is worth checking on with the factory. I'm sure some of the other owners will jump in soon with more information. Do you have any pictures o the bottom of the slide you could post?

Jim M

tonyl

titanium5er
This is an ongoing issue with most makes of RV' with bedroom slides that ride on rollers. The best solution is to use a strip of aluminum grade 6061 approx 7" wide X 1/8" thick. You will have to measure the length. This is a very hard aluminum and will distribute the load over a wider area. There is no need to remove the slide to install the strips. Use a piece of 2 X 4 wood Long enough to reach the ground and add a piece to the tope to form a T. Place the wood under the slide and lower the front landing gear just enough to raise the slide to insert the aluminum plate. You will need to drill and counter sink about five holes on each side and use #10 wood screws about 3/4" long. Do not over torque the screws. Once it is installed seal the edges and screw heads with a good caulking material. If you need more info, send me a PM or an e-mail.