Slideout issue - stops part way, wait, then finish?

Willym

Hope that you sent a thank you note to Tulsa HD.

We just had major repairs to our 2007 Bighorn 3400 due to axle damage courtesy the Tulsa highway departments bad road work. Prior to the repairs our slideouts would pause while bringing in the bedroom and then the dining area. During the repairs they realigned all three slideouts.......no more issues. No work was done to the electrical system. We had heard no grinding or rubbing but there must have been just enough to strain the system.

bd2dabone

2012 cyclone 3800
My slide outs and landing gear were tripping the breaker on the hydraulic pump. I replaced the 40 amp breaker with same type 40 amp breaker. Seems to have solved the on/off-wait-reset on/off-wait reset. I am gonna have to start sending in my receipts for all the small repairs I am completing myself to Heartland and collect. Cant justify wasting all the diesel and dragging across Houston (not to mention the mental stress of houston traffic and opening myself up for a traffic accident towing my TH across Houston) for a 5 minute repair job.:)

Peteandsharon

OK guys. I want to go ahead and replace the existing 50 amp breaker with a similar sized breaker. I want to make sure I have the correct one though. Right in front of the hydraulic reservoir there is what I am guessing is some sort of solenoid??? At any rate the main red wire and other wires hook up there. The red wire runs down below the hydraulic unit and attaches to a breaker right above the battery box.
There are other breakers there also. I'm guessing that the breaker that this main red wire connects to is the one I want to replace for the slideout. Am I close?

Thanks,
Pete

Peteandsharon

Just an FYI, guys. I went ahead and replaced the breaker with a similar 50 amp model. It had gotten so bad that it stopped three times the last time I tried to bring in the slides on the old breaker. In other words, it took me three tries to finally get it in. Once the new breaker was in it has gone in and out several times without even a pause. Sounds like we found the problem. I guess it's still possible that there is a slight alignment issue too. Maybe that causes more resistance. I dunno. At any rate, we seem to be good and I'll see how long it stays that way.

Thanks again, guys.