Slider out issue?

Porkchop

I'm not sure if this is normal.

This is my main slide when it's all the way in.

IMAG0666.jpg

Both bottoms stick out a little bit. Meaning its not flush to the wall. The bedroom slide is flush. Also the nails look a bit strange. Looks like it could puncture the rubber seals.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It looks to be out of adjustment, which your dealer should fix for you. I agree that the screws look way too long and that molding looks deformed.

hotonpi

My slideouts look very similar - they don't retract flush to the sidewall. I took it to my local Heartland dealer last week and they're saying it's normal and to not worry about it as long as the rooms aren't leaking. They did lube the slides for me but said "if it's not broke - don't try to fix it"...meaning, they didn't want to mess with the adjustments as long as the slideouts are sealing okay.

I'm not completely satisfied with this as an answer, but have to believe that my Heartland dealer's service department (and a technician with over 20 years experience) knows what they're talking about. To think otherwise really would p**s me off.

I don't have the long protruding screw, however. You might want to get that changed out with one of the correct length.