Slider seal maintenance

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I have noticed like others, the bulb seals on my slides on my 2009 3055 BH degrading. The unit was purchased used a couple years back, and already had some degradation and left a "tar like" residue on the mating surface of the slide. I purchased through Ebay some replacement seal material (018-312-EKD) after reading on some forums about what others had found for replacements. I live in Michigan, so we don't have extremely high temps. Does anyone know what causes this, and is it best to leave your slides out, or in when the unit is sitting? Also, what recommendations do you have for maintaining and conditioning the seals. I found nothing in the paperwork specific to this. Thanks in advance.

RVFun4Us

I have used the Slide-Out Maintenance Foam purchased from CW. On the unit we just purchased, the bulb seals and gaskets around the slide all were pretty dirty. I wiped them down and applied the foam and they came back to life. Also used this on our 2008 3055RL and they still looked good right up to the time we traded it in.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I have used the Slide-Out Maintenance Foam purchased from CW. On the unit we just purchased, the bulb seals and gaskets around the slide all were pretty dirty. I wiped them down and applied the foam and they came back to life...

We use the same product....wash rubber seals well, to get all the grime off (I use water only, no soap)...then apply product when dry.